This Corn and Black Bean Turkey Chili is quick, easy and inexpensive to throw together with all the flavors that comfort food has to offer!
One of the most popular comfort foods in the cool-weather months has to be chili. It’s one of those “easy to throw together, dump it all in a pot” kind of recipes… that everyone always loves.
No matter what goes in …
Or what it is served with, it’s always a hit. Chili can be made a variety of ways – with Green Chiles, ground turkey, ground beef, meatless… oh let me count the variations!
- Mole Chili (Instant Pot or Stove Top)
- Sweet Potato, Apple and Turkey Chili
- Salsa Verde White Bean Chicken Chili
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Quinoa Chili
- 15 Minute Vegetarian Sweet Potato Chili
I think one of my favorite parts to making chili (aside from the ease), is being able to eat it with cornbread. I don’t know about you but cornbread is SO amazing…
Butter it up, dunk it in… or smother it in honey, make no mistake, I won’t discriminate when it comes to that amazing goodness.
You’ve got Pumpkin Cornbread.. (made as muffins!)
And even Sweet Potato Green Chile Cornbread…
But hold on – who can forget Hatch Chile & Cheese Cornbread? Not me!
Corn and Black Bean Turkey Chili
This Corn and Black Bean Turkey Chili is SUPER easy to throw together. Quick and easy, full of spices and flavors, and a wonderful way to complete a weeknight meal when you’re looking for really good, home-cooked comfort food.
Throw it in a bowl, top with some cheese, sliced jalapeños and possibly even sour cream, and serve up next to your favorite side.
Perhaps your favorite cornbread recipe (see all of our favorites, above!)
Or a crusty loaf of French bread…
Maybe even your favorite sweet dessert (go ahead, I won’t tell!)
Do you have a favorite chili recipe?
Tips for Making this Delicious Corn and Black Bean Turkey Chili
Ground Turkey is the base for the meat. Not only is it a healthy option to pack protein it keeps fat content low. Want to use ground beef? Just eliminate the ground turkey and use ground beef.
Don’t skip the spices! The spices are what give this chili extra kick and flavor!
Toppings! Serving this chili at the dinner table? Don’t forget to top it with sliced fresh jalapeños, sour cream, crema… shredded cheese or even a few splashes of your favorite hot sauce.
Using your slow cooker?
Sauce the ground turkey (or ground beef if you are using that in lieu) and add all the ingredients to the pot. Allow the slow cooker 3-4 hours on low before serving.
Corn and Black Bean Turkey Chili
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 C onion chopped
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp ground coriander
- 1/2 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp dried thyme
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1/2 Tbsp ground black pepper
- 14 oz corn, canned drained
- 14 oz black beans, canned drained and rinsed
- 28 oz diced tomatoes chili ready
- 1/2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- Add the oil to a large stockpot and place over medium heat.
- Add the onions and ground turkey to the pot and cook for 5 minutes, or until the onions begin to turn translucent and the turkey is no longer pink.
- Stir in the garlic, chili powder, cumin, coriander, oregano, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in the corn, black beans, and diced tomatoes.
- Turn the chili down to low, and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Turn the heat off, and stir in the lime juice. Serve immediately.
Did you make this chili? If you did, take a minute to rate the recipe, and leave a comment to let me know how it turned out for you.