Instant Pot Corned Beef that’s tender, juicy and flavorful – and cooks up effortlessly in the Instant Pot to make an incredible St. Patrick’s Day meal!
Corned beef has always been somewhat of a must around this time of the year. St. Patrick’s Day is coming up and that wouldn’t be complete without the traditional Irish Food. Now we have Instant Pot Irish Colcannon Soup, and traditional Instant Pot Colcannon…..yum!
Thrown together with some cabbage, potatoes and carrots it’s delicious!
We’ve always had a monster of a time making corned beef. While it doesn’t seem that complicated, it has always been either pass or fail. In past years, we have used the crock pot and let it cook for hours and hours. Sometimes it was tough. Other times, it was salty. … in the end, nobody really wanted to go back for seconds or thirds and I usually ended up failing miserably.
Instant Pot Corned Beef
Instant Pot Corned Beef is almost effortless. The hardest part may have been waiting for it to finish – everything else was just too easy. We opted to cook this on a Sunday morning while we worked on the yard and house. Ninety minutes flew by and before we knew it, it was beeping to be removed.
We kept a little bit, and packed up the rest to take to one of our good friends who recently lost his wife to cancer. I knew he could certainly use a change from his regular frozen meals that he relies on.
Tips for Successful Corned Beef
Refrain from putting in the potatoes & cabbage in when you cook the corned beef. Instead, cook the corned beef on its own. Once cooked, remove to a platter, and then add the vegetables in for just 5 minutes to cook in the leftover juices.
When all is done, keep a little of the liquid. Drizzle that liquid over the corned beef and veggies. Use any leftover corned beef to make a corned beef noodle casserole
Opt for beer instead of water, and it’ll turn out just as super.
Before you get started, bookmark 100+ Deliciously Yummy Instant Pot recipes to work into your dinner rotation, and check out this yummy Chocolate Cheesecake, too!
Instant Pot Corned Beef
- Instant Pot
- 3 lb corned beef brisket
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 onion quartered
- water or, dill pickle juice, or beer
- Rinse the corned beef and then place it in the pressure cooker (Instant Pot) along with the spice packet. and onion, bay leaves and garlic.
- Pour in enough water to cover the corned beef.
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot and seal the valve.
- Set the Instant Pot to manual (high) pressure for 90 minutes.
- Once done, allow the pot to release naturally for 10 minutes and then do a quick release.
- Once you are done, open the lid and move the corned beef to a platter. Leave the other items behind in the cooker.
- If you are making vegetables, save the broth in the cooker and place your potatoes, carrots and cabbage within - place the lid on top, and cook an additional 5 minutes on high (manual pressure).
If you try this recipe and love it, make sure to RATE the recipe and tag us on Facebook to let us know how it turned out!
More Irish Recipes:
This recipe was adapted from Food.com for the Instant Pot.