Deliciously fudgy Irish Brownies that come together quickly in a yummy brownie that is the perfect way to celebrate the Irish!
I don’t think anyone would disagree that chocolate, in any form, is amazing. Whether that chocolate be in hummus, cookies, cupcakes, sourdough bread and even brownies.
Brownies are the perfect comfort food (aside from mac and cheese of course!) Serve with frosting, or without. Or, top with ice cream, whip cream or eat as is… they are delicious no matter how they go “in” your mouth. They can be made with crazy things like avocados, quinoa, and even black beans.
More brownies to try:
- (from scratch) Fudgy Brownies (Paleo, Gluten-Free, Dairy Free)
- Quinoa Avocado Brownies
- Black Bean Brownies
These Irish Brownies are super simple to make with ingredients that come together quickly. Once baked, they are topped with a light layer of green frosting – perfect for St. Patrick’s Day.
Here are some tips for making the best brownies:
- Salted or unsalted butter? Either will work – however, if you use salted butter, feel free to eliminate the extra 1/2 tsp of salt the recipe calls for.
- Butter should be softened. If your butter is cold, cut it in smaller pieces to allow it come to room temperature faster.
- Use room temperature eggs. If you need to bring your eggs to room temperature quickly, place the entire egg (in the shell) in a cup of warm water and allow them to come to room temperature (~8-10 minutes).
- Avoid over-baking brownies. It can sometimes be difficult to discern when they are done. Removing them from the oven even just a minute or two early allows the brownies to continue to cook. It’s better to have a slightly fudge brownie versus an overcooked, dry brownie!
Once baked, allow to cool, then frost, then enjoy every bit of your Irish Brownies!
More Irish-themed food:
Irish Themed Brownies
- 1/2 C butter softened
- 1 C granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 16 oz chocolate syrup
- 1 C all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Green Frosting Ingredients:
- 2 C powdered sugar
- 1/2 C butter softened
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 3 drops green food coloring
- For brownies:
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in chocolate syrup.
- Add in flour, salt, and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Pour batter into a greased 9x13 baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for about 28-30 minutes (Do not overbake).
- Cool completely before frosting.
- Combine sugar and butter in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Beat, adding milk to achieve desired consistency.
- Add food coloring and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Spread over cooled brownies. Refrigerate until set. Cut and serve.
Did you make these brownies? Please take a minute to rate the recipe and comment to let me know how they turned out!