I came across this recipe last week and thought it would work super for us – not only as a quick dinner but also as a Crock Pot Freezer Recipe.
The original recipe asks you to use Raw Ground Beef sprinkled on the top before you cover in the crock pot – and I did make it like that. But it seemed as if it had more fat when it was done versus cooking the meat and adding it later… I re-made it a second time and used 93/7 ground beef – that was much better than the 80/20 I was using the first time around.
It’s a great recipe to keep on hand – the ingredients are those that can be picked up for almost nothing, and are items you might even have in your pantry.
- 1 lb. Ground Beef, Raw (I used 93/7)
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1 Can (10 3/4 oz.) Condensed Tomato Soup
- 1 Can (14.5 oz.) Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Can (15 oz.) Tomato Sauce
- 2 each Beef AND Chicken Bouillon cubes
- 4 c. Water
- 1 1/2 tsp. Oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp. Basil
- 1 tsp. Parsley
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 8 Lasagna noodles broken into smaller pieces or Bow Tie Pasta - UNCOOKED
- 1 Bag (12 oz) Shredded Cheese
- Combine the Onion, Tomato Soup, Tomato Sauce, Diced Tomatoes, Beef & Chicken Bouillon, and Water in the crock pot.
- Add the Spices and the Parsley, Basil & other.
- Sprinkle the Raw Ground Beef on the top.
- Sprinkle broken Lasagna noodles on top, OR if you prefer, then Bow Tie pasta.
- Cover, and let cook 6-7 hours on LOW.
- You can top with Shredded Cheese & Diced Onions.
- If you are making this as a Crock Pot Freezer Meal, it is very easy to assemble - simply use a Hefty One zip to mix the Tomato Sauce, Soup, Diced Tomatoes, & Spices.
- When you get ready to use, just pull out of the freezer, and put in the crock pot, all you need to do is add 4 Cups of Water and the Bouillon cubes, top with the uncooked pasta, & beef and cover.