This Creamy Roasted Hatch Green Chile Dip is savory and spicy and perfect for dipping chips, spreading on tacos or adding to baked potatoes!
Every year in September, New Mexico has their Hatch Chile festival. People come from near and far to participate in the celebration of the Hatch green chile.
Hatch Green Chiles…
It’s a fun event. You can smell green chiles for miles and miles away, and get all of the amazing food you have always hoped for. I love going out there .. even though it’s incredibly hot. It’s fun to see people in such great spirits over something we love to eat often. I seriously love green chiles and it’s almost as if we can’t get enough of them here.
I have even added them to apple pie for Thanksgiving and that has always gone well with family and friends, too.
Thankfully you don’t have to go out to New Mexico to get Hatch chiles. You can get them at your local market here in Arizona. They are often times roasted outside and tempt you to buy a bag or two as you walk in.
Who doesn’t love the smell of roasted green chiles?
This dip is perfect to have at home to use on tacos, burritos, or even baked potatoes. It’s a combination of creamy, spicy, and savory and it’ll be the first thing you jump into making when you bring Hatch chiles home.
Creamy Roasted Hatch Chile Dip
Not to mention it’s super easy to whip together, I think the hardest part *might* be taking out the food processor. Am I the only one who hates washing that contraption?
Seriously – I despise it. So many pieces and so much to do for a device that can puree, chop and shred in just seconds. It almost seems unfair.
When it’s done, you can store it in a canning jar and use as needed. Or pour it into a serving dish and serve at your next get together. My kids LOVE it on their baked potatoes and using as a dip for chips.
Make sure you have a big bag of chips! It’s hard to resist wanting to scoop up all the dip you can and enjoy before everyone else gets their hands on it!
More Hatch Chile recipes you might like:
- Hatch Green Chile Country Gravy
- Hatch Chile Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Spicy Hatch Chile Relish
- Traditional New Mexico Hatch Chile Sauce
- Hatch Chile Sweet Potato Cornbread
- Hatch Chile Cheddar Cheese
Did you make this recipe? Make sure you rate the recipe, and then leave a comment to let me know how it turned out!
Creamy Roasted Hatch Green Chile Dip
- 1 C. sour cream full fat
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper or more to taste
- 3 green chiles Hatch, roasted, stemmed and seeds removed, finely minced
- In your food processor, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper and 1 chile and process until smooth.
- Fold in the remaining diced chile and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Feel free to use additional chiles for more flavor - keep in mind that it's easier to get hotter but it's hard to scale back if you start with too many.
- Serve with tortilla chips, refrigerate leftover dip.
What’s your favorite Hatch chile recipe?
Try this dip & tag us on Facebook to let us know how it turned out!