Simple, healthy ingredients come together in this delicious and comforting chicken noodle soup, made quickly in the Instant Pot!
Is there anyone who doesn’t love a good old fashioned bowl of Chicken Noodle Soup? I am fairly certain everyone loves it. We love it too – it’s so easy to make and even easier if you have an Instant Pot.
Chicken Noodle – the Ultimate Comfort Food?
This is one recipe we make more than we want to admit. We made this batch of soup for a family friend who recently lost his wife – every week we drive down to visit him at home.
I love to bring him soup and cookies when I visit (and he seems to love it too!) Chicken noodle is something that everyone seems to gravitate towards. After all, chicken noodle is the ultimate comfort food (next to pot pie, of course!)
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup (Instant Pot)
This soup comes together quickly and easily – even better if you have a rotisserie on hand that can be used. In your Instant Pot, combine the onions, garlic, carrots and celery along with the butter.
Push saute, and let the veggies cook for 4-5 minutes. Turn off the saute function, and add the chicken, broth, and noodles – place the lid on the Instant Pot and lock, ensure the valve is closed.
Set the Instant Pot on manual (high) for just four minutes. The pot will take 8-10 minutes to come to pressure, then count down the 4 minutes. Once done, it will beep. You’ll want to allow the pressure to release naturally for 5-6 minutes, then manually release additional pressure that may be remaining.
Add salt/pepper to taste, as well as your parsley.
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2-3 clove garlic, minced
- 3-4 carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 C. cooked chicken (rotisserie or breast)
- 7 C. organic chicken broth
- 4-5 oz Noodles of your choice
- 2 tsp chopped parsley
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- In your Instant Pot, combine the onions, garlic, carrots and celery along with the butter.
- Push saute, and let the veggies cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Turn off the saute function, and add the chicken, broth, and noodles - place the lid on the Instant Pot and lock, ensure the valve is closed.
- Push manual (high) and set the timer for 4 minutes.
- The pot will take 8-10 minutes to come to pressure, then will count down the 4 minutes - it will beep when it's done. At that point, release the pressure, and open the lid.
- Add salt/pepper to taste, as well as your parsley.
Looking for more Instant Pot recipes? Find us on Pinterest where we share our favorites and bookmark over 100 deliciously yummy Instant Pot recipes here.