This easy yet hearty Pork, Smoked Sausage and Bean Instant Pot soup comes together quickly and easily for busy weeknights!
Soup in the middle of the summer? I very well could possibly be in denial that we’re only in the early days of October… I’ll admit, that I think I’m over this Arizona heat and ready for temps to drop.
And for pumpkin spice. Pumpkin spice everything. 🎃
I have been on such a soup kick this last week – in efforts to keep the house cool in this heat, leaning greatly on my Instant Pot for food prep. Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Soup, Pesto Chicken Soup, you name it, I love it. ❤️
Who knew the Instant Pot would be such a great appliance for making soups? So helpful, in fact, that you will want to bookmark these 15 soups to try in your Instant Pot this fall,.
This soup is a classic, for sure. Definitely a meal in itself, it incorporates beans, smoked sausage and pork in a rich and hearty soup that will fill up your belly for hours. Though optional, if you like a smokier flavor to your soup, stir in a smidge of liquid smoke (1/2 tsp or so should be enough).
This pork, smoked sausage and bean soup has been popular here for years. I finally made it in the Instant Pot and was easy and perfect for a busy night.
Pork, Smoked Sausage and Bean Soup
To make this soup, saute your chopped onion, and minced garlic in your Instant Pot. Add in the boneless pork and saute just until it starts to turn brown. Add your seasonings, diced tomatoes, one can of your (rinsed) beans, 1/2 C. chicken stock and your smoked sausage.
Use the soup feature to cook the soup 20 minutes; allow it to release naturally for 10 minutes before releasing remaining pressure. I love to serve this with fresh parmesan and chopped parsley – yum!
One of the best things about this soup is that it can be as thick or as thin as you would like.
Mash the beans a bit for a thicker soup, or leave as is and add more broth if you prefer something thinner. Any leftover soup will always be a little thicker the next day.
Make extra soup & freeze it for another busy night, or welcome a new neighbor with a batch of warm soup.
I’ve also done soup exchanges in the past with neighbors and that’s always a fun way to score something different yet help out a neighbor at the same time!
Pork, Smoked Sausage and Bean Instant Pot Soup
- Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb. boneless pork roast cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 28 oz. diced tomatoes
- 15 oz. cannellini beans rinsed, and drained
- 3 C chicken stock
- 6 oz. smoked sausage cut into bite-size pieces
- parmesan cheese and chopped parsley for garnish
- Set the Instant Pot to saute.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and saute the chopped onion for a few minutes until it begins to soften.
- Mix in the minced garlic, and stir to combine.
- Place the boneless pork roast into the Instant Pot, and saute for several minutes until it begins to brown, stir often.
- Sprinkle in the salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Mix the ingredients well.
- Add in diced tomatoes and can of cannellini beans (drained).
- Pour in chicken stock, and stir in a half pound of smoked sausage and stir everything completely to combine.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, make sure the vent is in the closed position, and set it on the “Soup” setting for 20 minutes.
- Let the Instant Pot slow release for 10 minutes, and then do a quick release to relieve the remaining pressure. Take the lid off, and stir, letting it cook on saute to thicken further if needed.
- Serve hot topped with fresh Parmesan and chopped parsley.