These easy Cake Mix Pumpkin Bars come together quickly with a simple box of cake mix and a few additional ingredients – perfect for pumpkin season!
It’s almost fall – y’all! The first thing that comes to my mind when August & September roll on up is cooler weather, and the thought of everything pumpkin.
Do you love pumpkin as much as I do? Pumpkin is one of my favorite base ingredients in recipes… in fact, pumpkin can turn an average recipe into a stellar recipe.
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Puree
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Donuts
- Pumpkin Breakfast Pops
- These delicious Pumpkin Rolls (great at Thanksgiving!)
- Pumpkin Cheesecake (made in the Instant Pot!)
- And even Pumpkin Play Doh!
Cake Mix Pumpkin Bars
These Cake Mix Pumpkin Bars are so easy to whip together. They start with a basic box of yellow cake mix (Duncan Hines, Betty Crocker, etc.), a few eggs, water, a little cinnamon and a can of pumpkin. Avoid using pumpkin pie filling – instead, use canned pumpkin.
Or, if you have your own pressure cooker, you can use your own pumpkin puree (so easy!)
Toss in some chocolate chips and pour the batter into your rectangular cake pan and bake for 30 minutes. Allow the bars to cool before frosting.
Vanilla or Cream Cheese Frosting?
This recipe calls for a single tub of the basic vanilla frosting. However.. if you love the combination of pumpkin with cream cheese, feel free to substitute cream cheese frosting for the vanilla for an extra rich Cake Mix Pumpkin Bar.
More Cake Mix Recipes
Looking for more cake mix recipes you can make at home? Here are a few:
These cake mix pumpkin bars are one of my favorite desserts to bring to a potluck or get together – everyone loves pumpkin and they are so easy to whip up!
(Not to mention.. they are absolutely delicious, too!)
Did you make these Cake Mix Pumpkin Bars? If you did, take a minute to rate the recipe, and leave a comment to let me know how they turned out for you.
Cake Mix Pumpkin Bars
- 1 box yellow cake mix 15.25 oz
- 15 oz canned pumpkin not pumpkin pie filling
- 1 C water
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 C chocolate chips
- 16 oz vanilla frosting
- In a large mixing bowl combine the cake mix, water, and eggs. Mix well until combined.
- Then add the pumpkin, cinnamon, and chocolate chips and mix until incorporated.
- Pour into a sprayed 9x13 baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 28-30 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Microwave the can of frosting (cap and foil removed) for about 25-30 seconds and stir.
- Then pour over the pumpkin bars and spread.
- Let the frosting set and then cut into bars and serve.