These Spring Cake Mix Cookies are so easy to make and perfect for spring! They come together easily with just 5 simple ingredients!
There are so many things you can do with a box of cake mix. Obviously a box of cake mix is one of the easiest ways to make a cake in a pinch.
Just toss in some eggs, a little oil… water, and pour into a pan. When I was a teenager though, my mom was the queen of using boxed cake mix to make cookies. I was floored… completely adaptable to any holiday, and ready in a hurry, it was the saving grace for those times when I had to bring cookies to school.
Or, we had a potluck at church…
But with four kids, I’m pretty sure she made them because we were in constant demand of cookies. Who wouldn’t love having freshly baked cookies every single day?
Spring Cake Mix Cookies – 5 Ingredients
These Spring Cake Mix Cookies are super easy to throw together and ready in less than 15 minutes. Stock up on your favorite boxed cake mix – you can even switch things up and use cake mix, too!
Stir in your favorite add-ins – from chocolate chips to M&M’s, and allow to chill for 10 minutes. Then roll into 2″ balls and place on a cookie sheet.
Then pop in the oven for 11-13 minutes until they start to lightly brown on the edges. These cookies should stay soft in a tightly covered container at room temperature for a few days – if they last that long!
Looking for another way to use boxed cake mix? Look at these yummy fudge bars!
Did you make these cookies? Please take a minute to rate the recipe and comment to let me know how they turned out!
Spring Cake Mix Cookies
- 15 oz box yellow cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 C vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 C pastel M&M's
- 1/2 C chocolate chips
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the cake mix, eggs, and vegetable oil.
- Using a spatula or wooden spoon mix ingredients until batter forms. Stir in the vanilla.
- Fold in the M& M's and Chocolate Chips until incorporated.
- Let the dough chill for about 10 minutes.
- Roll cookie dough into 2 inch dough balls and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 11-13 minutes until edges start to brown.