Instant Pot Pumpkin Puree whipped up quickly in the Instant Pot! After this recipe, you will never buy canned pumpkin puree ever again!
Pick up some of those pie pumpkins from your local market and make your own pumpkin puree quickly and easily.
This pumpkin puree can be made in the Instant Pot. I like to cut my pumpkin into large pieces when I put it in the Instant Pot but if you prefer, you can remove the stem and set it on the trivet as a whole pumpkin. Either way works to make pumpkin puree – and it’s super easy to make in your Instant Pot.
Instant Pot Pumpkin Puree
Take a few minutes to remove the stem, seeds and (if you desire) peel the outside of the pumpkin. Set it on the trivet inside your Instant Pot. Pour in one cup of water and cook on manual (high pressure) for 20 minutes.
Once it is cooked, puree in your food processor and use in all of your favorite recipes. Pumpkin bread is one of my favorites, and it’s even better when you load it up with lots of chocolate chips
I’ve also frozen pumpkin puree and used it in cold process soap. Pumpkin makes the most creamy, delightfully moisturizing soap for skin.
Plus – you can tell all of your friends and family that you love pumpkin so much you bathe in it!
Store the puree in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator. Or, separate into smaller portions and keep in the freezer to use in your favorite recipes at a later time.
Did you make this pumpkin puree?
If you did, take a few minutes to rate the recipe, below, and leave a comment!
Looking for more Pumpkin recipes?
- Pumpkin Dinner Rolls
- Pumpkin Cheesecake (Instant Pot)
- Spiced Pumpkin Bread
- Mini Cheesecakes with Pumpkin Swirl
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Instant Pot Pumpkin Puree
- Instant Pot
- 1 C water
- 1 pie pumpkin
- Place trivet into the instant pot. Add one cup water.
- Cut top off pumpkin and remove seeds and pulp strings from the inside.
- Place pumpkin into the instant pot. Place lid onto to the instant pot. Set the valve to sealed position. Press high pressure, pressure cook, or manual button depending on your pot. Set time to 20 minutes.
- Once the instant pot stops counting and beeps release the pressure by turning the valve to the unsealed position.
- Insert fork into the pumpkin from the inside and make sure it easily goes to the skin. That’s how you know the pumpkin is ready. If not, than recook for a few more minutes. Some pumpkins are tougher than others so adjust to the thickness.
- Remove skin from pumpkin and then blend in food processor for use in pies, desserts, and chili.