These paleo chocolate zucchini muffins make the perfect healthy snack for people of all ages! They are grain-free, and the perfect way to use up an abundance of zucchini!
These grain-free, paleo chocolate zucchini muffins are perfect for kids. They won’t even realize that there is zucchini wrapped up in the muffin. They taste like a yummy [lighter] chocolate brownie that’s super moist and flavorful.
To make these, we adjusted our Paleo Zucchini and Chocolate bread recipe to work for muffins.
Have extra zucchini from the farmers market? Us too – and this is the perfect way to use it up.
Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
While I love using my KitchenAid mixer, there isn’t a need for it with these muffins. Pull out the food processor and shred the zucchini – gently remove and set on a napkin. Then mix the rest of the ingredients in that same food processor before you throw the zucchini back in.
Blend one last time before pouring into a mini muffin tin.
Within 12-15 minutes, you’ll have the most delicious, healthy, Paleo zucchini muffins. They are perfect for little hands!
The best part about these muffins is that the zucchini shreds up so fine. When the zucchini is wrapped in chocolate, it truly tastes like a decadent brownie. The kids will want to eat them all. But they won’t realize that they are full of the green veggie we know as zucchini!
My 4 year old ate six of the muffins while I was pouring the batter into the second set of muffins.
She had chocolate wrapped around her lips and was in muffin heaven. I bet you didn’t know that muffin heaven was even a place. But it is….and eating 6 muffins at a time might transport you there.
Chocolate Zucchini Muffins (Paleo, Grain Free)
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- .25 C honey
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- .25 C cacao powder
- 1.25 C. almond flour blanched
- 1 tsp baking soda
- .75 C. zucchini grated
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F, and line a 12 ct mini muffin tin with muffin liners.
- In your food processor, shred the zucchini. Then lift out gently and set on a few napkins on the counter.
- With that same food processor, combine the eggs, honey, coconut oil, vanilla extract, cacao powder, almond flour and baking soda and pulse briefly until well combined.
- Lift the lid on the food processor and place the shredded zucchini inside - lock the lid back on and pulse once more very briefly until zucchini is combined - you may have to scrape around the sides.
- Fill your muffin cups 2/3 full and bake for 12-13 minutes at 350 or until a toothpick inserted in one muffin comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven. Allow to cool before enjoying.
If you like this recipe you may also want to try:
Zucchini Bread (Paleo, Grain Free)
Pan de Yuca (Gluten Free Cheese Bread)
Brazilian Cheese Puffs (Grain and Gluten Free)
Thank you so much for this recipe. I’ve made it 3 times now and each time my kids gobble it up but more importantly my husband who seems to have something against veggies. This is one fabulous and easy recipe to use up some of my zucchini from the garden!