I have an ultimate infatuation with my pressure cooker ~ for over a year and a half I have had an Instant Pot and it has completely transformed our meals at home.
While I have used an stovetop pressure cooker for a number of years, the contraption was never done without an immense amount of fear.
Eventually, I found the Instant Pot and put away the stovetop pressure cooker permanently – the Instant Pot is so much safer, and easier to use. It has made us everything from frozen chicken to Mexican Mole, Tamales, Soft Boiled Eggs and so much more.
A spiral sliced ham can take considerable time to make – so long in act that it’s usually reserved for holidays or birthdays. If you can get your hands on a boneless ham, however… this recipe will allow you to make honey glazed ham any time. It literally takes minutes ~ and it turns out incredibly moist and flavorful.
To get started with this honey glazed ham, pick up a boneless ham between 3 and 4 pounds in size. Slice the ham thin and pile the slices up in a huge sheet of aluminum foil. Top with brown sugar, and honey, then add 4-5 drops of Clove Vitality Essential Oil (we use Young Living).
Form a sling by folding a 3 -4 ft long piece of foil lengthwise, and place on a flat surface. Add 2 C. of water to your Instant Pot, insert the steamer rack, then the foil sling (making sure it drapes over the sides), and your ham packet wrapped in foil. Then cook for 11 minutes at high (manual) pressure.
Being careful not to burn yourself, allow the pot to release manually for 10 minutes and then pull out the foil packet and place in a baking dish (it will be dropping with liquid). Redistribute the glaze on the ham and enjoy!
Instant Pot Honey Glazed Ham
- Pressure Cooker
- 4 lb Boneless ham
- 1 C brown sugar
- 1/2 C honey
- 1/2 C crushed or chunk pineapple or 5 slices of fresh pineapple.
- Pour 2 C. of water in your Instant Pot and place the trivet within.
- Cut a 3 ft piece aluminum foil and fold lengthwise to make a sling about 3&amp;quot; wide. Lay the sling in the Instant Pot on the trivet and allow the ends to hang over the outside of the pot.
- Grab another large piece of aluminum foil and make a pouch for the ham: cut the ham into thin slices and pile on the aluminum foil.
- Sprinkle brown sugar atop the ham. Pour the honey on top of the brown sugar. Add the pineapple on top of the brown sugar and honey.
- Encapsulate the pouch by folding each end up and meeting in the center atop the ham - fold over to seal the top, then roll up the ends.
- Place the foil packet on the sling that is on top of the trivet.
- Close the Instant Pot and ensure the valve is on &amp;quot;seal&amp;quot;. Set the timer for manual (high) at 11 minutes.
- Once the pot beeps done, allow a natural release for 10 minutes, then remove the foil packet via the sling and place in a casserole dish before you open it up. (it'll be very moist!)