Relax and cool off this summer with this deliciously easy Watermelon Mint Cocktail – so easy to put together with a few simple ingredients!
Who doesn’t love Watermelon?
Watermelon is the epitome of summer – agree? I remember being a kid and riding in the back of the pickup in our little country farm town. My parents would drive seven miles into town and pull over on the corner of two dirt roads to pick up some of the largest watermelon ever imaginable.
As kids, we’d rush home and dive right in… sitting on the back deck, dripping with summer sweat while we shoved juicy watermelon pieces in our mouth spitting out the seeds in the grass.
Our hands would be so sticky… and our faces would be plastered with watermelon juice, but we didn’t care. We were happy and free and loving life. Fast forward 35 years and watermelon definitely still screams “summer is here!”
One of my favorite ways to enjoy watermelon (aside from eating it as-is) is in Kombucha. Watermelon Kombucha is pretty incredible stuff – whether you buy it at the store or make it yourself, it’s a taste like no other.
Watermelon Mint Cocktail
Watermelon paired with mint, sparkling water and vodka — now that is a taste you won’t want to miss! This watermelon mint cocktail comes together quickly with a few simple ingredients you probably have right there at home.
Serve it up as a poolside cocktail… or entertain family and friends this summer with this cool summer beverage. Or make it for yourself and enjoy a weekend with your feet up. No matter what the occasion, you can add it to your list of summer cocktails – it’s just as good if not better than this Tropical Pineapple Spritzer (yum!) or Watermelon Agua Fresca.
What’s your favorite way to enjoy summer watermelon? Have you ever enjoyed it in a cocktail?
Watermelon Mint Cocktail
- 1 C fresh watermelon diced
- 1 sprig mint
- 1.5 oz vodka
- sparkling flavored water lime or watermelon
- Muddle fresh watermelon, this will give you about 1/4 cup juice and some little leftover pieces of watermelon - save those!
- Rub the fresh mint in your hands to help to release some of the oils
- Fill your favorite glass with ice.
- Pour in the watermelon juice and add watermelon pieces if desired.
- Add in the vodka. Top with sparkling water.
- Add in fresh mint (you can leave it out if desired, but makes this cocktail extra refreshing!) Enjoy!
Did you enjoy this Watermelon Mint Cocktail? If you did, take a second and rate the recipe – comment to let me know how you served this cocktail.