Take garden fresh carrots to a new level with this Curried Carrot Ginger Soup, made quickly and easily in the Instant Pot!
There is no doubt that carrots are a popular garden item. If you don’t grow them at home, you might get them at the farmers market or even pick them up at Costco. They sell quite a 10 lb bag of organic carrots right near $6.00. That’s $.60 per pound and a terrific price.
Carrots in more than just soup?
Carrots are a great way to keep the crisper drawer in the fridge full for the kids. Let us not forget that they are also wonderful when pureed and turned into dinner rolls. Yum! 😋
I’m not sure if it’s just my kids, but my girls ❤️ carrots. They don’t necessarily even care if they are peeled and cut. They pull them out and eat them as if they are candy bars. (You know, I really wish I had that type of imagination!)
My 3 year old is very familiar with opening the fridge on her own – and right now she can only reach the bottom shelves. Because the crisper drawer is down there, she is usually in there digging things out.
It’s not unusual to find a trail of half eaten carrots around our house. It’s not even unusual to find a head of broccoli sitting in the middle of the floor somewhere (she can’t reach counters..) All I can say is that I have one particular person to thank for her love of carrots. It all started with Harry the Bunny.
Who knew that a cartoon character could have such a great influence on her??! 😉
Curried Carrot Ginger Soup
If you have too many carrots to use up, this is a great way to do that. Our 8 year old thinks that the soup smells amazing when it’s cooking. Our 12 year old thinks it’s an absolute travesty that she has to wait ten minutes for it to cook (who knew?!)
To make this wonderful soup, use your Instant Pot to saute some garlic and onion in a little butter for a few minutes. Once done, add your carrots, curry and one cup of the broth.
Cook on manual (high pressure) for 8 minutes, then quick release. Then use your immersion blender to blend the mixture, taking care to add the rest of your broth. Quickly add your ginger, salt and lemon, and serve warm.
This soup is beautiful when accompanied by a generous loaf of french bread or brown molasses rolls.
Curried Carrot Ginger Soup
- Instant Pot
- 9 carrots roughly peeled and ends chopped off, cut into large pieces (to steam)
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 4 C vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1 lemon juice only
- 1 tsp salt or more depending on taste
- Put the butter, garlic, and onion in the Instant Pot, and turn on saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add carrots, curry and 1 C. of the broth.
- Push manual and put the lid on for 8 minutes; allow the pot to come to pressure, once it is done cooking do a quick release.
- Use the immersion blender (or, pour into a regular blender) and blend until smooth, adding the rest of the broth called for in the ingredients.
- Pour back into the Instant Pot and add the ginger, lemon and salt to taste.
- Serve warm with drizzled sour cream, alongside a loaf of french bread.
Checkout more over 100 deliciously yummy Instant Pot recipes – from soups, to tamales, sides, cheesecake and more!
If you try this recipe and love it, make sure to rate the recipe and tag us on Facebook to let us know how it turned out!