These simple and delicious Keto Caprese Stuffed Burgers are not only low carb, they are also rich in flavor and perfect for your next meal!
Y’all, I am absolutely crazy for a really good cheeseburger. But.. sometimes I really need a good change of pace!
If you are low-carbing it like many of us are, then chances are you are trying to ditch your relationship with that delicious hamburger bun we all know so well. Right?
Because admit it: low-carb and bread don’t always go together!
These Keto Caprese Stuffed Burgers are the perfect change of pace to the typical cheeseburger or bun-less burger. Not only are they simple to make, they are crazy good served up with an extra dollop of your favorite pesto.
Or, take it up a notch and top with sautéed onions, and a few extra slices of fresh tomatoes.
As my kids would say “it’s like a taste explosion in your mouth!”
We ramped up the flavor by using sun dried tomatoes … but you can totally change things up and use garden fresh tomatoes if you wish.
Keto Caprese Stuffed Burgers
This recipe makes 5 generous size burgers filled with a combination of mozzarella cheese, sun dried tomatoes and basil. If you are doubling the recipe to have extra for later in the week, I suggest cooking them all and re-heating as necessary later on.
Too reheat, wrap the burger in a thick, damp paper towel and place on a plate in your microwave. Or, place in a lightly oiled skillet and top with a lid to lock in the heat.
Start by placing the ground beef into a large mixing bowl — add in garlic powder, salt & pepper, followed by balsamic vinegar. Mix the meat well with your hands, then form a beef patty in the palm of your hand.Cup your hand slightly and push down into the center to form a sort of bowl in the middle of the patty. Fill the center of the patty with a bit of mozzarella cheese, topped with sun dried tomato and fresh basil and another pinch of mozzarella.
Carefully form a second smaller beef patty to fit on top of the fillings. Shape the edges of the patty together so that you have a nice stuffed beef patty with none of the fillings showing through. Repeat those steps until you have 5 generously sized burgers.
Cook your patties on medium heat in a little olive oil until cooked through, flipping half way. Then wrap in lettuce leaves and slice in half before topping with your favorite condiments.
I hope you love these Keto Caprese Stuffed Burgers as much as we do!
See more of our favorite Keto recipes!
These simple and delicious Keto Caprese Stuffed Burgers are rich in flavor and perfect for your next meal!
- 2 lb. ground beef
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ts. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 C. mozzarella cheese
- 1 Tbsp sun-dried tomatoes finely chopped
- 1-2 Tbsp fresh basil leaves chopped
- Place the ground beef into a large mixing bowl, and add in garlic powder, salt & pepper to taste.
- Add the balsamic vinegar, then mix the meat well using your hands.
- Form a beef patty in the palm of your hand.
- Cup your hand slightly and push down into the center to form a sort of bowl in the middle of the patty. Fill the center of the patty with a bit of mozzarella cheese.
- Top the cheese with some chopped sun-dried tomato and fresh basil.
- Place another pinch of mozzarella cheese on top, and then form a second smaller beef patty to fit on top of the fillings. Shape the edges of the patty together so that you have a nice stuffed beef patty with none of the fillings showing through.
- Continue steps 5-8 with the remaining ground beef and fillings. When you are finished, you should have five equal stuffed patties.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the patties to it once hot, and cook them for for about 5-6 minutes on each side, or until your desired level of doneness has been reached.
- Wrap the burgers in lettuce leaves, slice in half, and serve with your favorite toppings or condiments.
Love this recipe? Pin for later!