Beautiful and elegant Coconut Walnut Candy that’s perfect for the holidays, Valentine’s Day, or simply on a holiday plate to share with friends and family!
Not only does the holidays bring chilly soup weather (or in some places, downright cold soup weather!), it also brings things that make you happy.
Like … cookies and candy.
And everything sweet.
I love the holidays, not just because of the joy of the season, but for the opportunities I have to make food for my friends and neighbors. Every year, we “elf” houses in spirit of the holiday season. Some years we elf 1-2, but this past year we elfed a whopping seven houses.
It was so much fun to delight neighbors and friends with boxes of sweet treats and do so secretly. These Coconut Walnut Candy balls are perfect to enjoy at the holidays. Super easy to make, they are fun to roll in various toppings and display on a plate as a variety of colors of the rainbow.
Use food coloring to tint the coconut and make some red or green. Or get fancy and roll some in crushed chocolate bits, nuts or even sprinkles. Yum and yum!
Coconut Walnut Candy
Coconut Walnut Candy are simple to make. A few ingredients mixed in the blender is all it takes before you pop in the freezer for a short time, then roll (or dip) them in toppings.
Using a hand mixer, blend the butter, powdered sugar, salt, and condensed milk until smooth. Add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time. Stir in the coconut, walnuts, and vanilla extract until well combined.
Cool in bowl, in freezer until firm enough to roll into balls – lightly butter hands to keep from sticking. Then place the rolled balls on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and place back into freezer for at least an hour.
Towards the end of that hour, melt your chocolate and prepare your toppings. Remove the coconut candy from the freezer, and dip frozen balls into chocolate.
Immediately sprinkle on additional coconut, walnuts, or other desired garnish. Go crazy — there isn’t a limit! You can dip in chocolate and roll in walnuts and coconut. The more the merrier!
Pop back in the freezer for a short time until ready to serve.
Looking for the next perfect holiday cookie for your get together? You may want to check out these other recipes, too:
Did you try this recipe? Please take a minute to rate the recipe, and leave a comment to let me know how it turned out for you!
Coconut Walnut Candy
- 8 oz butter softened
- 3 C powdered sugar
- 1.5 C shredded coconut divide
- 1.5 C walnuts
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 C semi-sweet chocolate chips or, 4 oz almond bark
- 1/2 C sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 C shredded coconut
- 1/2 C walnuts
- food coloring if desired, to tint the coconut
- Using a hand mixer, blend the butter, powdered sugar, salt, and condensed milk until smooth - add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time.
- Stir in the coconut, walnuts, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Cool in bowl, in freezer until firm enough to roll into balls - lightly butter hands to keep from sticking.
- Place rolled balls on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and place back into freezer for at least an hour.
- Microwave chocolate at 30 second intervals until melted, stir until smooth.
- Dip frozen balls into chocolate and immediately sprinkle on additional coconut, walnuts, or other desired garnish.
- Return to parchment paper lined cookie sheet and return to freezer until set.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator or freezer. Serve at room temperature and enjoy.