Butterfinger candy bars are the star of the show in this easy and delightful No Bake Butterfinger Cake. Looks great in a trifle bowl!
There’s something about Butterfinger bars that really bedazzle a yummy no-bake dessert that’s super easy to put together. I think we can all agree that having that one special dessert that you can throw together in a hurry and bring to a potluck is monumental.
And when it involves 6 ingredients or less and comes together in minutes? EVEN BETTER.
Not to mention — who doesn’t love an obsessively sweet dessert? This No-Bake Butterfinger Cake is easily made in a 9×13 pan. But in a trifle bowl it looks absolutely beautiful. (I picked up my trifle bowl at the thrift store – what a bargain!)
No Bake Butterfinger Dessert
In all seriousness though, this dessert is a classic. Many of us may remember this from when we were kids… I know I do. Every church potluck or family reunion involved this No Bake Butterfinger Cake, layered carefully in a trifle bowl. I also remember that if you didn’t get at the front of the line, your chances of getting any of it were non-existent.
Simply start by combining the powdered sugar, butter, and egg yolks. Whip that until it’s thick. Then fold in the frozen, whipped topping.
In your trifle bowl (or, 9×13 pan), break apart the angel food cake into smaller pieces. Then layer the whipped cream, followed by chopped Butterfinger bars. Repeat the layers (cake, whipped cream and candy bar). Sprinkle on a little extra Butterfinger on the top.
Then cover with Saran Wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour before serving. Guaranteed that you don’t need to worry about leftovers because there won’t be any.
Did you make this dessert? Make sure you rate the recipe and leave a comment to let me know how it turned out!
No Bake Butterfinger Cake
- 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 1/2 C butter softened
- 4 egg yolks
- 16 oz frozen whipped topping thawed
- 1 prepared Angel Food Cake cut into small pieces
- 4 full size Butterfinger bars chopped; plus more if desired
- Beat the powdered sugar, butter and egg yolks in your mixer until creamy.
- Fold whipped topping into the mixture.
- Spread 1/2 the angel food cake pieces in the bottom of a trifle dish. Pour 1/2 the whipped topping mixture over the cake pieces. Top with chopped Butterfinger.
- Repeat one additional layer with remaining cake, whipped topping and Butterfinger. Cover with saran wrap and refrigerate at least one hour before serving.
Looking for more Butterfinger deliciousness?