Skip the restaurant – whip up this delicious Instant Pot Pork Lo-Mein at home – full of healthy veggies and noodles, it’s a definite crowd pleaser!
Restaurant quality at home – yes, please!
As a young kid, I loved going to dinner with my parents. But with a large family and limited funds, eating out was really a treat.
Fast forward 30 years… I’d much rather make a really great meal at home and avoid hauling my 5 kids out to a restaurant. This Instant Pot Pork Lo-Mein is absolutely delicious – and super easy to throw together.
In just minutes, you can have restaurant quality dinner in the comfort of your home with your Instant Pot. Chock full of healthy veggies and ingredients, this Instant Pot Pork Lo-Mein is full of all the same flavors you’ll find in a restaurant.
At a fraction of the price. Yes, yes please!
Instant Pot Pork Lo-Mein
Whipping up this Pork Lo-Mein in the Instant Pot couldn’t be easier. Chop up your veggies and dice up your pork. Brown your diced pork in the Instant Pot using the sauté setting – set aside.
Continue by browning the garlic, then de-glaze with the water, taking care to scrape down the sides of the pot.
Break your spaghetti in half and crisscross on the bottom of the pot, take care to push the pasta under the liquid. Cook on high pressure for 4 minutes, release immediately, then allow to rest for 4 minutes.
Give the noodles a stir, then add your sauces, mixing well. Toss in your veggies and sauté them until they are cooked to your liking. Serve with sesame seeds and additional seasoning (as needed).
Serve hot for the best flavor.
Tips for the Best Instant Pot Pork Lo-Mein
~Any Instant Pot can be used (newer or older!) It’s important to remember to use a different plastic ring (for the lid of the Instant Pot) for savory meals and one for sweet meals.
~Spaghetti cooks up beautifully if you take the proper steps. Break the spaghetti noodles in half. Then crisscross them on the bottom of the pot in the liquid. Do not move the pasta once you lay it down!
~Release the pressure immediately! Once the pasta is done (4 minutes on high pressure), release the pressure. Then let the pasta sit an additional 4 minutes.
~Use salt sparingly. Soy sauce can be salty – if you need to, keep the salt out. Or opt for low-sodium soy sauce.
~Can I substitute chicken for pork? Of course! Feel free to adapt to your liking.
Doesn’t that Lo-Mein look amazing? Time to crank up the Instant Pot – you’ll hit a home run with this dinner meal!
Did you like this recipe?
If you did, PLEASE take a second to rate the recipe and leave a comment – I’d love to know how it turned out for you!
Instant Pot Pork Lo-Mein
- Instant Pot
- 8 oz spaghetti
- 1 lb center pork
- 2 C water
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 lb baby Boy Choy
- 2 carrots
- 1 yellow onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 Tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp Mirin
- 1 Tbsp oil of your choice vegetable, canola, etc.
Optional (to taste)
- sesame seeds
- Wash your produce. Slice your onions, Bok Choy, carrots, pepper - set aside. Mince garlic. Set aside also.
- Dice the pork and add to a large gallon ziplock with half of the dark soy sauce and sesame oil. Mix until well combined.
- Using the sauté setting on the Instant Pot, add 1 Tbsp oil of your choice. Add the pork to the pot and sauté until golden brown. Remove the meat, set aside.
- Add minced garlic to the Instant Pot; brown for 30 seconds. Add water to the instant pot and de-glaze by scraping clean with a spatula.
- Break the spaghetti in half. Put down in a crisscross pattern (helps prevent sticking). Do not stir or move the noodles once down. Gently push the pasta down so it is under the liquid
- Close the Instant Pot; cook on high pressure for 4 minutes. Immediately release the pressure and allow to rest for 4 minutes.
- Open the pot; stir the noodles around. Gently add the soy sauce (dark and light), hoisin sauce, and mirin to the noodles and stir until combined.
- Turn on the sauté setting. Add the sliced Bok choy, red bell pepper, onions, carrots, and pork to the pot and stir frequently for about 5-8 minutes. (Depending on how crispy you like your vegetables.)
- Garnish - salt, pepper, and sesame seeds (to taste). Serve hot.
More Instant Pot recipes:
- Instant Pot Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Meatless Instant Pot Recipes
- Vegan Instant Pot Recipes
- The BEST Instant Pot Pot Sloppy Joes