Do you have a POGO Pass?
Chances are, if you are here in the Phoenix area, you have either picked one up, or heard of them – they are an entertainment pass that gives the purchaser free admission to over 20 venues over the course of the year.
We have partnered with POGO for several years – and back when we started, I thought it was a great opportunity for families. But as our family expanded over time .. I have grown to love it even more.
Many people have mentioned them as being a pricey investment — something that is unattainable for their family in terms of cost. And while I can see that point of view, as a family of 7.. our entire perspective on the POGO pass might be a little different than others.
They are the BEST investment if you like to do things with your children.
We love having a large family – in fact, we love having 5 kids. With each child comes joy, and a happiness I can’t really put my finger on. In fact, I’d love to go beyond 5, but I’m not sure that will be felt both ways! :)
But some things are entirely frustrating ~ because Groupon Deals, and LivingSocial offers for families are always targeted as offers for a family of 4.
Science Membership? Family of 4.
Hotel Resort Offer? Family of 4.
Giveaways for Tickets? Family of 4.
Rarely if ever are there offers for a family of 6. Or 7.
Even taking the kids out of state to visit family is a ridiculous expense – we now drive everywhere, but we require two hotel rooms and with hotels running as much as they do, it’s just not cost effective.
One reason we try to find alternative activities or free things to do is simply because the option of going with 5 kids is just a ridiculous expense. .. whether it’s to the LEGO Experience, or, to the Science Museum, or even the Children’s Museum.
That’s why we LOVE the POGO Pass. .. as a family of 7, it’s a yearly investment for us. Whether you have a big family or a small family they are a fun way to enjoy time with your kids or each other … for the entire year.
For just $49.98 with code CENTSABLE, you’ll score FREE Admission to over 20 venues for ONE year (12 months!) – some with multiple visits.
While it’s initially an investment for most of us, there are so many advantages to having a POGO Pass ~ we rounded up seven of our favorite reasons to pick one up.
1. They are valid for a FULL 12 month period
Are you busy and have a committed job? No worries, because you have a full year to use the POGO pass at any of the 20+ venues.
Certainly you can find an afternoon to take the kids to Golfland Sunsplash in the summer… or a weekday to take the kids to the IDEA Museum. Or… head over & visit the Phoenix Zoo with the kids on a beautiful weekend!
2. The Savings alone is HUGE
This was one of the BIGGEST reasons we got a POGO Pass for our family of 7… it’s so difficult to do fun things with the family .. especially on a limited budget.
You can easily throw down $180 for a family of 6 to visit the Phoenix Zoo. But pick up a POGO pass for slightly more, and not only can you visit the zoo once, but twice – along with over 20 other establishments.
Have lots of kids like we do? Then it’s really just a no-brainer.
3. There is Something for Everyone
Seriously – there is. From sports games to the zoo, the waterpark to paintball, rock climbing and more.
4. Time with your Kids
I’m a hue proponent of kids being outside and active – which is why we got ours, too! The POGO Pass keeps them engaged – off screens, and doing something with their body. Even more importantly it gives them time with you – if you do sports night with the kids at the DBacks games, teaching your kids sportsmanship, a day at the waterpark (which is normally $30 per person!)
5. Incentive to do Date Night
Think you have to have kids to enjoy a POGO Pass? You don’t! The POGO Pass is great for couples too – it gives you a ton of activities to do together over a 12 month period – just supplement with a deal on LivingSocial or Groupon for a breakfast, or light lunch (or, early dinner!) and it’s a really inexpensive way to spend time together all year!
Enjoy Rock Climbing, Laser Tag, or even a date to the Phoenix Zoo.
6. Gives you something to do on scheduled breaks
Summer Break, Spring Break, and even Winter Break – occupy those days with a POGO Pass… and keep the kids entertained. Of course, you can’t go somewhere every day, but break up the monotony during the week by taking them to the Phoenix Zoo, Laser Tag, IDEA Museum or Ice Den.
7. More than one admission to popular venues
One of the BEST reasons to pick up a POGO Pass is that it will give you the opportunity to visit some of the most popular venues more than once….
- FatCats – 1 game of bowling per month + 1 Glow Golf per week
- Urban Jungle – 1 visit per year
- Wazees World Laser Zone – 2 visits per year
- Ice Den – 1 visit per month
- AZ Air Time – 2 visits per year
- DBacks Games ~ 2 games per year
- Phoenix Mercury ~ 3 games per year
- Arizona Rattlers ~ 3 games per year
- Enchanted Island Amusement Park ~ 4 visits per year
- Golfland Sunsplash OR Breakers Water Park~ 1 waterpark admission
- Stratum Laser Tag ~ 2 visits per year
- Phoenix Rock Gym ~ 2 visits per year
- Phoenix Zoo ~ 2 visits per year
- USA’s Skateland ~ 2 visits per month
- i.d.e.a. Museum ~ 2 visits per year
- Tempe Paintball AND AirSoft~ 1 visit per month
- ASU ~ FREE Admission to ALL of the ASU Athletic Home Games (Soccer, Wrestling, Volleyball, Gymnastics, Baseball, Track and Field, Basketball & more)
- Golden Pin Lanes: 1 Game per Week
- Golf’N Stuff: 3 Visits
- Arizona Adventures (Zip Line): 1 Visit
- International Wildlife Museum: 1 Visit
GET YOUR POGO PASS (use code CENTSABLE)
Some things to Remember ABOUT the pass ~
- Each family member needs one. It’s not required that a 2 year old have one, because they are usually free at most places, but not all.
- The pass is valid for kids AND adults alike – and considering that admission to the Zoo is over $20 for Adults, this POGO pass will pay for itself after just a few uses.
- The pass includes a visit to Golfland Sunsplash – a $30 value. That includes the Waterpark area of the park – so if you plan on going there sometime in the summer, the pass is a no-brainer!
- The venues can change at any time.
- The promo price can change at any time.
- Some venues have restrictions on the days – always call the establishment first.
- The pass is valid for ONE year after purchase.
- The pass cannot be shared or used by anyone other than the pass holder – it’s one pass per person.