Just a few days ago we mentioned that I made a beautiful beautiful Cheesecake for my husband’s birthday – he didn’t ask for it specifically but I KNOW it’s his favorite. He loves Cheesecake beyond ANYTHING.
And because it’s cheaper to make one than buy one… that’s what we opted to do.
It turned out SO fabulous, that that just one day later, when we asked him what he wanted for his birthday, his answer was simple…
“You know what I really really want? I love Cheesecake. But I really like PUMPKIN Cheesecake more than anything. You haven’t ever made it.. I bet you can’t make it in the Instant Pot. I’d love to see if you can do that.”
Boy … I wasn’t ready for that! I thought he was going to ask for another .. and I thought “well, I can pull it off…” – but this time I wasn’t sure! I have NEVER had Pumpkin Cheesecake, the whole concept of mixing anything in Cheesecake to make it anything other than plain … kind of grosses me out.
But I gave it a try.
And lo and behold, it’s AMAZING. Simply incredible!
Every day I love my Instant Pot more and more – but when my husband can ask for something and I can deliver that, it’s just incredible. The most important part of making this Cheesecake work is ensuring that your Eggs, and Cream Cheese are at room temperature. The rest was easy.
Mix, Whip, Pour…. set the timer. And wait.
We finished, I removed, I let it rest and then put in the fridge. Then a few hours later I added a beautiful layer of chocolate curls on the top (from a single, Dove candy bar at the store..)
He came home and saw it right on the counter and his eyes got VERY wide … “Wow. You did that?”
- 2 Eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 C. Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 C. Pumpkin (NOT Pumpkin Pie Mix!)
- 2 Blocks of Cream Cheese, each 8 oz, room temperature
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- (OR, we used 2 drops Cinnamon Vitality Essential Oil + 1 Nutmeg Essential Oil)
- 2/3 Box of Graham Crackers, crushed (this was 2 of the 3 bags within)
- 1/4 C. Butter - melted
- 1 Milk Chocolate Dove Bar, shaved into curls
- Combine the Crushed Graham Crackers (1/2 box) and mix with the melted Butter.
- Pour that into a 7" Springform pan, push down as a layer and then work a little up the sides.
- Pop that into the freezer until the batter is ready.
- For the batter, mix the Eggs, Sugar, Pumpkin and Cream Cheese in the KitchenAid until well blended.
- We did ours on HIGH until all lumps are out and mixture is fluffy.
- Add the Spices or, Oils (if you are using Essential Oils)
- Mix lightly one last time until Spices or Oils are blended.
- Pour the mixture into the 7" Springform Pan (from your freezer).
- Place 1 C. water in the Instant Pot and insert the trivet - the water should be enough to create steam but it shouldn't be high enough to touch the trivet.
- Take an 18" piece of Tin Foil and fold the long way to make a sling - place that in the Instant Pot to act as a sling when your cheesecake is done.
- Then gently put the cheesecake in the Instant Pot on the sling - being careful not to touch the sling against the top of the cheesecake.
- Put the lid on - push Manual and 25 minutes, and let it cook.
- Once it's done, quick release the steam and remove the cheesecake using the sling - let it sit on the counter for 10-15 minutes and then put in the fridge.
- Don't remove the springform until it's cooled and you are ready to serve.
- Top with Chocolate Shavings - optional.
If you don’t have a 7″ Springform Pan, we picked up one on Amazon for just $10 – the Cheesecake is the perfect size for a small family – you won’t be tempted by a HUGE Cheesecake in your fridge from making too much.
Checkout more recent Instant Pot Recipes: