Creamy Potato Soup is ultimate comfort food – and when you can make it in under TEN minutes? Then it’s just that much better!
Baked Potato Soup is one of our favorite meals … and we were fortunate enough to have Potatoes in our CSA this past week, which made it the perfect opportunity to make in our Instant Pot.
The best part about this soup is that it takes a mere TEN minutes to cook, and that includes peeling potatoes.
Cooking the potatoes in a steamer basket allowed the potatoes to infuse with the flavor from the butter, onions, & garlic – in the end, it was smooth and creamy, and even better topped with cheese.
- 2 Tbsp Butter (NOT margarine)
- 1/2 C. Chopped Onion
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 3-4 large Peeled and Cubed Potatoes
- 2 C. Chicken Broth
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 3 oz Cream Cheese, cubed
- 2. C. Half and Half (NOT Fat Free)
- 1 C. Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Bacon Slices, cooked & crumbled
- Green Onions, chopped
- Hit Saute on the Instant Pot & add the butter, garlic and onions.
- Stir until onions are tender - 2-3 minutes
- Add 1 C. Chicken Broth to Instant Pot.
- Put in the steamer basket - add the diced potatoes.
- Select High Pressure and cook on Manual for 4 minutes.
- Do a quick release, remove the steamer basket.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl dissolve the cornstarch in the 2 Tbsp of water - then add to the Instant Pot along with the cream cheese, rest of the Chicken Broth, Half & Half, and 1/2 of the shredded cheese.
- Add salt to taste, and then use your Immersion Blender to blend the potatoes to make a creamy soup.
- Serve in Bowls with Shredded Cheese, and optional crumbled bacon/diced green onions.
Checkout more recent Instant Pot Recipes… see 10 Reasons why we invested in an Instant Pot, and find the BEST Instant Pot Accessories to have for Instant Pot Owners!