We love Pumpkin Bread around this house and I have tried a LOT of recipes. My kids can gobble this stuff up quick ~ breakfast, lunch and time in between.
Many of you know that I am a HUGE fan of Essential Oils – and while you can buy Essential Oils in almost every store, don’t ever be fooled ~ that’s one thing I want to emphasize …many of those cheap Essential Oils in store are cheap for a reason! an overwhelming majority consist of synthetic chemicals that are basically nothing but fragrance oils. Not that I’m trying to scare you but the topic always comes up ;)
This Pumpkin Bread is GREAT – you will need to trust me on that. It’s very addicting and that’s probably why the two loaves I made yesterday were gone last night & we didn’t have any today when the kids asked for some for breakfast.
- 3 C. Sugar
- 1 C. Coconut Oil
- 4 Eggs
- 3 1/3 C. Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 2/3 C. Water
- 15 oz Can Pumpkin (NOT Pie Filling!)
- 6 Drops Nutmeg Essential Oil
- 2 Drops Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil
- 2 Drops Orange Essential Oil
- 1 Drop Clove Essential Oil
- Beat Sugar, Coconut Oil & Eggs
- Stir in Flour a little at a time
- Stir in Water & Pumpkin, mix just until blended
- Then add the Spices & Baking Soda (or if you are using Essential Oils instead of spice)
- Mix one last time, just until blended
- Divide into loaf pans - I used 2 large loaf pans, but you can use 3 of the regular size pans
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour - or until toothpick inserted in the center comes clean
- (Coconut Oil may require you bake a little longer so keep an eye on them!)
- Let stand 15 minutes, then remove from pans and transfer to a wire rack
- Wrap them once completely cool - they make GREAT gifts!
If you give it a try, let me know how you like it – it makes 3 regular size loaves, which work great to gift for the holidays.
You can read more about Essential Oils on my last page HERE (and why I believe in using them SO much for my family!)