These Apricot Pinwheels come together with just four simple ingredients to make a beautiful cookie that is great for gifting to family and friends!
Apricot Pinwheel Cookies might be my favorite cookies to make around Thanksgiving and Christmas. You can sometimes even find me making them at Easter too. Only because they are just so darn pretty.
They are pretty cookies.
They are the kind of cookie you can make and gift to family and friends and feel proud of, simply because they look like you have spent hours making them. But in all honesty, they really aren’t that hard or involved.
Apricot Pinwheel Cookies
To make these cookies, mix up your simple ingredients – cream cheese, butter, and flour. Once mixed, wrap the ball well and place in the fridge to chill. I like to keep mine in the fridge for about an hour.
Place a quarter of the dough on a dough board and roll out to a thin layer. Cut into 2 inch to 1 1/2 inch squares. Then using a pizza dough cutter slice the corners lengthwise into the center of the square.
Do this on all four corners. Leaving some uncut in the middle where the jam will be placed.
Place a dollop of jam in the center of each cookie before shaping. Transfer cookies to a parchment lined baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven for 13-15 minutes.
Remove them from the oven and allow to cool. Give them a light dusting of powdered sugar before serving.
Aren’t these just the most gorgeous cookies ever??!!
These Apricot Pinwheels are one of several of my holiday favorites to gift to friends and family during the holidays. Pair them with any of these other holiday cookies:
- Mickey Mouse Churro Cookies
- Gingersnap Reindeer Cookies
- Amish Maple Iced Cookies
- Maple Apple Blondies
- Gluten Free Peanut Butter Blossoms
Did you try this recipe? If you did, rate the recipe and leave a comment to let me know how theyturned out!
Apricot Pinwheel Cookies
- parchment paper
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1.5 C butter unsalted
- 3 C all purpose flour plus more for rolling cookies
- 1 C apricot jam
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Mix cream cheese and softened unsalted butter in a stand mixer. Add in three cups of flour. Mix well. Wrap and place in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Place a quarter of the dough on a dough board and roll out to a thin layer. Cut into 2 inch to 1 1/2 inch squares. Then using a pizza dough cutter slice the corners lengthwise into the center of the square. Do this on all four corners. Leaving some uncut in the middle where the jam will be placed.
- Put a small amount of apriot jam into the center of the square. Fold in one end of each cut. Place one end into the center then skip the next then do the next one to the center and repeat. Us a little water to press all of them together in the center. This allows for them to stay well when baking.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place the cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes. Remove to cooling rack.
- Dust with powdered sugar. Store in airtight container.