This is probably the BEST and easiest cookie recipe you will make this holiday! David poked around the kitchen last night & said “where all the cookies?”  “Sweet stuff? Something? Sweet.”
I responded “gone. Kids ate them.”
Within 20 minutes a huge pan of these were made, a few minutes later I had all 3 pans out of the oven, kitchen cleaned up and the kids had chocolate all over their hands and face.
Don’t ever leave melted chocolate out with your back turned to the counter, it really does make quite a huge mess.
- 1 C. Butter (NOT Margarine!) - Softened
- 1/2 C. Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 C. All Purpose Flour
- 1 C. Chocolate Chips, preferably Milk Chocolate
- 1 tsp Shortening, Butter or Coconut Oil to melt in with the chocolate chips
- Heat the oven to 350.
- Cream the butter, vanilla, and sugar until well blended - add the flour.
- Mix just until moist.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and place on a lined cookie sheet.
- Use a fork to gently flatten the cookie - ever so slightly!
- Bake for 8-9 minutes, do not overcook!
- Remove & cool.
- Melt the chocolate with the Coconut Oil, Butter or Shortening, and mix well to ensure it's fully melted.
- Dip half the cookie in chocolate & chill to set.
- Total time on this recipe is 40 minutes - because we are calculating the baking time for all 30 cookies (10 per pan!) Your total time could vary.