Just a few months ago we invested in an Instant Pot – it has been one of the most life-changing appliances. I can’t even tell you how much we love this pot… it’s amazing!
Every week we make food for fellowship at church … and this week we decided that Pasta & Spinach would be the BEST item to make. Not only did we have pasta from our monthly trip to Costco, we also had a nice big gallon-size bag of fresh Organic Spinach from our CSA (that we picked up Thursday).
Making this was a no-brainer – and it turned out super.
I’ve always been hesitant to make pasta in the Instant Pot ~ if you read about the Instant Pot online, cooking Pasta has always been one of those things that either does great or .. doesn’t do well. I read that you shouldn’t make pasta with water in the pot because it will turn out mushy…. but I figured I’d go for it.
I didn’t really want to waste ingredients, but was hoping that it would turn out – it did…. and I was thrilled.
So grab your Instant Pot, and your ingredients – this is a really healthy, inexpensive dish that your kids will love too!
- 1 pound Organic Pasta
- 4-5 C. fresh Organic Spinach
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp Butter (Cubed)
- 5 C. Water
- Salt & Pepper
- Set the Saute function on the Instant Pot and put 1-2 Tbsp of Olive Oil in the pot.
- Saute the Spinach and the Garlic for 2-3 minutes or until soft.
- Add the dry bag of pasta in the Instant Pot, and cover with 5 C. Water.
- Place 3 Tbsp Butter (cubed) on top.
- Lock the lid, and set on Manual (High Pressure) for 6 minutes.
- Quick release and add salt/pepper to taste.