Low Carb Cheddar Jalapeno Biscuits – a keto-friendly addition to any bowl or soup or dinner table, SO good you will never go back to regular biscuits!
I love biscuits – how about you? I love to smother mine with butter and I cannot ever stop at just one. Oh no.. it has to be 2, sometimes 3…
Just a few days ago, as I was throwing dinner together for the kids, I thought to myself “I need to stop eating so many carbs”. But… I’ll admit – it’s tough, doing that. Easier for some than others you could probably say. Especially when you love bread.
Low Carb Cheddar Jalapeño Biscuits (Keto Friendly)
Thankfully it’s not as hard as it looks and all it takes is a few modifications. These Cheesy Jalapeño Biscuits are to-die-for — they really are simple to make and have the perfect texture. If you are looking for a biscuit that is Keto-friendly, this one is your go-to.
Better yet… skip the KitchenAid and pull out the food processor, because it works wonders to mix everything up quickly!
I threw all of the ingredients (minus the baking powder) in the food processor for a quick spin. Then, I added in a handful of cilantro and some baking powder. A small spin later, I opened the lid and plopped the dough on a lined cookie sheet.
Pop them in the oven until they are light brown, and enjoy. Whether it be on their own with butter, or with a huge bowl of soup. They have plenty of flavor and aren’t overly spicy.
Kick it up a notch by adding some chopped Hatch green chiles to the batter before popping them in the oven. This recipe makes anywhere from 10-13 depending on size, and they’ll quickly be a new favorite for the kids, too!
Low Carb (Keto friendly) Cheddar Jalapeño Biscuits
- 3 Tbsp butter cold
- 1.5 C. almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 C. heavy cream
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 1 jalapeño seeded & diced
- 2 Tbsp cilantro chopped
- 1/2 C. shredded cheese pepper jack or cheddar work well
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt or more to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a cookie sheet with parchment, foil or baking mat.
- Pull out your food processor - add the butter and almond flour and pulse until mixture is combined.
- Add the egg, heavy cream, bell pepper, jalapeño, cilantro, shredded cheese, and salt and pulse 2-3 times until mixture combines.
- Quickly add in the baking powder and pulse one last time to combine. Lift the lid on the food processor and drop onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes or until light brown.
Did you make these biscuits? Please leave a comment, rate the recipe and be sure to tag me on Facebook!