Keto Brussels Sprouts in Pecan Butter is a delicious and simple side that is perfect to serve up to your favorite protein.
Keto Brussels Sprouts with Pecan Butter. I’m not really sure I can identify my favorite word in that last sentence – I just love them all. I absolutely love this recipe and it’s one of my personal favorites.
It serves as one of the most delicious sides to a meal with your favorite protein.
Not to mention, it’s super easy to make – like really, really easy.
Certainly you can make Brussels sprouts in your Instant Pot -but who doesn’t want a jazzier recipe?
Finding a Keto meal can be pretty easy stuff. Finding sides, however, can be a real struggle. For years, I was never a real fan of Brussels sprouts and never looked at them as being worthy of my time. Until…. this simple side came along.
It combines Brussels sprouts with butter, pecans and seasonings for an out-of-this-world side that will make your mouth water. Beautiful pecans, sautéed with onions in lots of yummy butter – delicious!
Brussels sprouts haters can rejoice – after this recipe you will never go back to eating plain ol’Brussels sprouts ever again.
Keto Brussels Sprouts with Pecans
This Keto side is super simple to make and can be on the table in a matter of minutes!
Start by washing your Brussels sprouts, snipping the stem, and removing the outer leaves (if they are blemished). Place them into a saucepan along with the bone broth. Cook them on medium-high heat for 6-8 minutes until tender, but still a bit crisp.
Remove them from the liquid, and allow them to cool slightly before slicing in half lengthwise.
Melt your butter in a skillet over medium heat; once hot, add the onions and saute until softened. Add the sprouts to the skillet and stir to coat in the melted butter. Push the sprouts and onions aside, and add your pecans to the empty skillet space. Toast those pecans for a few minutes before tossing with your sprouts.
Voila! Your beautiful side is done ~ and it only took a matter of a few minutes!
Brussels Sprouts in Pecan Butter
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts washed, snip the stem and remove the outer leaves that have blemishes
- 2 C. bone broth or substitute vegetable broth
- 1/8 tsp salt or more to taste
- 1 C. onion chopped
- 1/4 C. butter
- 1/2 C. pecans chopped
- 1/8 tsp ground pepper or more to taste
- Place the bone broth into a large saucepan.
- Add 1 pound of brussels sprouts to the pan with the bone broth. Cook the sprouts in the broth over medium-high heat for 6-8 minutes until tender, but still a bit crisp.
- Remove the brussels sprouts from the liquid, let them cool slightly, and cut them in half lengthwise.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter.
- Once hot, add the onions to the skillet, and stir to coat in the melted butter. Cook the onions until they are browned and softened.
- Add the sliced brussels sprouts into the skillet, mixing to combine them well with the onions. Saute the Brussels sprouts for 1-2 minutes.
- Push the brussels sprouts over to one side of the skillet, and add the chopped pecans to the empty space. Toast the almonds for 1-2 minutes, and then toss in with the sprouts.
Find more Keto recipes:
- Keto Asian Glazed Shrimp with Bok Choy
- Keto Cheddar Jalapeno Biscuits
- Keto Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken
- Keto Cheese Shell Taco Cups with Jalapeno Ciliantro Sauce