Delicious Keto Cheese Shell Taco Cups with Jalapeño Cilantro Sauce are super easy to whip together and perfect for pleasing the entire family!
As we inch closer and closer to spring, chances are, you won’t want to be standing around your kitchen every night slaving away on the stove. The weather will be beautiful and you will want to spend every minute soaking up as much daylight as you can before the sun sets in the evening and everyone has to come back in.
Sometimes it’s great to have an easy dinner that can be put together in a hurry and one that everyone loves – these taco cups truly are delicious and kids will more than likely love them just as much as you do!
Plus… who doesn’t love tacos?!
They are, after all, almost the food that serves a universal love language.
Keto Cheese Shell Taco Cups with Jalapeño Cilantro Sauce
This easy taco dinner recipe is Keto-friendly and super simple to prepare, and gives us a perfectly good reason to slightly adjust our recipe for Cilantro Serrano Cream Sauce. Grab a bunch of cilantro, some peppers, garlic, and greek yogurt and within seconds you can transform a few random ingredients into an incredibly pungent green sauce that you will want to pour on everything.
Maybe… maybe even your eggs at the breakfast table. I’m just being real – it’s seriously so good!
Pull out a few pieces of Colby Jack and lay them on a parchment-lined cookie sheet about an inch or so apart. Bake in the oven for a mere five minutes; pull them out, and allow to rest for a few minutes.
Then push those cheese slices in a muffin cup tin and transform them into Keto Cheese Tacos with ground beef, and drizzle with cilantro serrano cream sauce. So delicious and so stinkin’ easy to make!
(These Cheesy Taco Cups pair up well with ground beef – prepare the ground beef in advance with this easy Taco Meat recipe in the Instant Pot to save you even more time!)
The kids will love and devour these faster than you can set them out!
Keto Cheese Shell Taco Cups with jalapeño Cilantro Sauce
- 12 pc sliced colby jack cheese or sub with desired cheese
- 1 lb ground beef browned
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 2 serrano peppers or jalapeno
Jalapeno Cilantro Sauce
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 C. greek yogurt
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 bunch cilantro stems and all
- ½ Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place sliced cheese on the prepared baking sheet – leaving an inch or so between each.
- Bake for 5 minutes and remove from oven. Cheese slices should be golden brown and starting to bubble slightly.
- Allow cheese slices to cool on the pan for two minutes. Using a spatula, gently lift each cheese slice and place one in each cup of a muffin tin. Carefully press the cheese into the cup to form the same shape. Allow them to cool in the cups for 10 minutes. While cups are cooling, prepare the Jalapeno Cilantro Sauce.
- To prepare the sauce: Slice jalapeños horizontally, trim and remove all (or some) of the seeds depending on your desired heat preference. Place the pieces of jalapeño into a food processor. Add the juice of a lime, greek yogurt, garlic, cilantro, apple cider vinegar and salt. Pulse several times until ingredients have been broken down into a smooth sauce. Place in the fridge until ready to use.
- Remove cheese cups from muffin tin and place on a tray or platter. Place a few tablespoons of taco meat in each cup, followed by freshly chopped tomato, a drizzle of jalapeño cilantro sauce, extra Greek yogurt and cilantro and/or any other preferred toppings (salsa, guacamole, shredded cheese, etc.).
Did you make these Keto Taco Shell Cups? Please leave a comment, rate the recipe and be sure to tag me on Facebook!