A staple of Mexican and Mexican American food, chipotle chiles are loaded with a rich, smoky flavor. There is no doubt that they can add some tremendous kick to any recipe – whether soup, salad, or veggie-based dish.
However… more times than not, a recipe only asks for 1 or maybe 2 – as that is all that is required to turn it up a notch.
Believe it or not, chipotle chiles are relatively easy to make yourself at home – compared to the chipotles sold in the can, they have so much more flavor – not to mention much more cost effective.
Never made them yourself? Grab the instructions here and give it a whirl.
If you buy your chipotle chiles in the can, what do you do with those that are leftover? Here are ten ideas to help you put them to use.
- Mexican Chicken and Potato Stew
- Instant Pot Mexican Sloppy Joes
- Chipotle Honey Salsa
- Roasted Garlic and Chipotle Mayo
- Smoky Chipotle Bean Dip
- Instant Pot Mole with Turkey
- Chipotle Pumpkin Soup (Vegan and Gluten-Free)
- Chipotle Lime Cauliflower Tacos
- Creamy Chipotle Refried Beans (Instant Pot)
- Roasted Squash Tacos with Chipotle Lime Marinade
And how to make your own chipotle chiles in adobo sauce right there at home.
Ready to try out some new recipes?