Instant Pot Chicken Stroganoff – a creamy sauce wraps noodles, tender chicken and vegetables, all made easily and quickly in your Instant Pot!
The ultimate comfort food, this Instant Pot Chicken Stroganoff got 5 stars from all five of my kids. It’s definitely a recipe I’ll be making again and again – not to mention, it was so simple!
Just dump and go!
One of the best things about this recipe is that it’s a one-pot meal with a very short cooking time.
How does this recipe cook so quickly?
The chicken is cut into small pieces so it cooks fairly quickly. Not only does it cook as the pot is heating up to pressure, it also cooks as the pot is releasing pressure.
Do I have to use egg noodles?
No – you can use any type of noodle you have on hand. Try this recipe with bowtie pasta, elbows, or even penne pasta. If you don’t want the pasta, just cook the sauce (reduce the broth to 14 oz instead of 28 oz). Serve it over rice or a cauliflower rice replacement.
Can I sub different vegetables?
Sure – if you don’t want carrots, or celery, change them out for mushrooms. Mushrooms will help release moisture so you may want to lessen the broth by 1/4 C.
Feel free to adapt the recipe with veggies that work for your family.
More chicken Instant Pot recipes:
- Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken
- delicious Instant Pot Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Soup
- easy Instant Pot Shredded Mexican Chicken
- Over 15 Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
Did you try this recipe? Rate the recipe and make sure you leave a comment – let me know how it turned out!
Instant Pot Chicken Stroganoff
- Instant Pot
- 2 lbs chicken tenders diced
- 4 carrots diced
- 3 celery stalks diced
- 2 Tbsp garlic minced
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 28 oz chicken broth
- 1/3 C heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 C sour cream
- 1 pkg egg noodles
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Set instant pot to saute mode. Place diced onion, garlic, carrots, and celery into the pot. Saute for 3 minutes. Add in chicken. Turn off saute mode.
- Fill broth to just over the chicken mixture in the pot. Do not fill all the way. You just want to cover the vegetables and chicken. Add in rosemary, salt, and pepper. Place lid on the pot. Set valve to sealed position. Set high pressure or manual to 10 minutes. Once the pot stops counting release pressure.
- Cook pasta on stove as directed. It's best to cook it separately.
- Mix cornstarch and heavy cream together. Whisk well. Add to pot while stirring. Set saute mode back on and let come to a roaring boil for 5 minutes then turn off and let cool some. The cooling process will help the heavy cream and cornstarch thicken.
- Drain pasta and lightly stir it into the instant pot chicken and vegetables mixture. Stir in 1/2 cup of sour cream. If you would like it thicker then add a little more sour cream.
- Serve topped with fresh rosemary and cracked black pepper.