Looking to stay cool this summer? Arizona has several family friendly staycations that are perfect for any family looking to escape the heat!
Many of us are looking for a fun and inexpensive way to spend our summer. If you can’t afford to leave town, you might be able to afford staying in town. Visiting a State Park can always be a fun adventure. But sometimes, we need to splurge a bit and have a staycation at a resort.
Staycations are SO much fun – the water, the atmosphere, the beautiful rooms. ☺ Who doesn’t want to relax and do absolutely nothing?!
We rounded up some family friendly Arizona Staycations. Just five though – are there more? There probably are.
But….why just five??!
*Sigh.* It’s incredibly challenging to plan a staycation if you have more than a handful of children. We quickly discovered that numbers matter – I love love love having five kids. However, many of the resorts in the area are geared to families with 2 or less children.
If you have twice or three times the children it can be really hard on the wallet. Yikes and yikes – most hotels won’t allow 5 kids to stay in one room with the parents.
At least that’s the challenge our family faces. As a result, we are forced to look for friendly alternatives and chains that cater to larger families.
When we researched family friendly this year, we saw many that looked amazing. As amazing as they appeared, the costs were so incredibly high that we had to pass. We always try to go for those that are more affordable, especially for larger families who have the same if not more children than we do.
While we have five kids, some of my friends have 8 or more children, making it quite a sticky challenge on the wallet.
Arizona Family Friendly Staycations
We found some pretty amazing staycations here in Arizona that the kids will love, that won’t break the bank. I can’t think of a better reason to stay “in” town this summer!
WeKoPa Hotel & Conference Center, Scottsdale. Enjoy a sunsational summer one night package with rates as low as $99… amidst other things.
The resort is off route 87 on the Fort McDowell Yavapai Nation Reservation, this refined casino and conference resort is 3.8 miles from Desert Canyon Golf Club and 29.8 miles from Phoenix. The resort features FREE WiFi and flat-screen TVs with premium cable channels, as well as a minifridge, coffeemaker and seating area. All suites have kitchenettes; some have balconies and/or whirlpool tubs.
There are a pair of 18-hole golf courses, a 24-hour casino and a day spa, in addition to a fitness center, a sprawling outdoor pool and 7 restaurants. The property has a business center and over 25,000 sq ft of conference space.
Summer Staycation Package-One Night ($99)
- $10 Casino Free Play Per Room, Per Stay
- 25% Off Regular Priced Spa Services
- Waived Resort Fee (waived upon check-out)
Summer Staycation Package-Two Nights ($189)
- One (1) $50 Food and Beverage Credit, Per Two Night Stay
- One (1) $10 Casino Free Play, Per Stay
- $25 Waived Resort Fee, Per Night(waived upon check-out)
- 25% Off Regular Priced Spa Services
Subject to availability, not valid with any other promotions or existing reservations.
Pointe Hilton, Tapatio Cliffs, Phoenix. Grab the kids and head to the Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort and enjoy the Falls Water Village and other fun opportunities they have throughout the resort! Rates on this “Tap Into Family Time this Summer” Package start at $112 and are valid Sunday – Saturday (cost varies by day) according to their site, from May 20th – September 8th.
- Enjoy The Falls Water Village – their water park featuring a 40-foot waterfall and two expansive free-form pools. Reserve one of their 23 private cabanas for private relaxation or lounge on our sun-decks.
- Poolside activities include Dive-in Movies all summer.
- The resort features hiking, and biking, facials and salon services – along with discounted summer rates at their Championship golf at Lookout Mountain Golf Club.
- Rates are valid through Sept. 8th with code TAPFAM
- Some restrictions do apply.
London Bridge Resort, Lake Havasu. Although Lake Havasu might not be the first place you think of for a staycation, the London Bridge Resort is GREAT for families and is an all-suite waterfront resort with hot breakfast and Wi-Fi included! Enjoy All-Suite accommodations, complimentary in-suite movie voucher, free 1 topping large pizza from Papa Leone’s, and a welcome gift. Rates start at $139.00.
Or, stay 3 or more days and get a $100 resort credit to use on food or entertainment on site.
- $50 Resort Credit nightly
- Resort accommodations
- Free kids meals 12 and under (with a paying adult)
- Promo code required (SPU)
Enjoy cool summer savings and plenty of freezing family fun with The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa’s Big Chill Package – a 250-acre splashy savings.
- Rates from $159 per night (May 29 – Sept. 4, 2018) with code BIGDINE
- Daily $50 dining credit, per room
There are TONS of activities for kids – making the Westin Kierland one of the most kid-friendly staycations:
- Friday night Swim Under the Stars
- The Adventure Pool, Lazy River, 110-foot waterslide and Kierland FlowRider will stay open until 10 p.m.
- Poolside Glow Party with glow sticks
- Polar Plunge Saturday with hundreds of pounds of ice dumped into the pool
- Jack’s Smokin’ BBQ on Saturday evening
- Live musical entertainment Friday & Saturday nights
- Wintery poolside Games and Activities to keep you cool everyday
If you are booking a Staycation here are a few things you will want to keep in mind:
Resort Fees. This will apply at almost every place – it can vary from $25 on up – some of these have some perks (it covers internet, parking and fitness center) – so if your location does not have the resort fee make sure you ask about extra charges for those items like internet and parking. Some resorts have the resort fee included, some will be added on per day (in some cases upwards of $30!)
Follow the resorts on Facebook. You’ll get a great deal on those last minute offers they may put out to their Facebook readers to help book rooms they have available in slower periods.
On Taking Kids. Make sure your resort has enough to keep the kiddos busy… do they have a kids area? Lazy river? What are their hours? How about your teens? Make sure that each person in your family will have ample to keep them entertained. Most resorts cater to families with 2 children or less – so make sure you check to see if they have an additional charge for having 4 small children in your room.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.