These delicious sausage rolls come together with two simple ingredients and are perfect for an appetizer for a holiday dinner or special get together!
As a kid, my mom made sausage rolls all the time. She’s British, and so she made a lot of things that were pretty popular there.
Every year at Thanksgiving, she would put them together for the entire family as a snack to eat while the turkey was in the oven. They were definitely not something we ate often. In most cases, they were only a special treat.
Oh how incredibly addictive they are… you can’t have just one!
The best part is that they are SO easy to make. Most grocery stores have Puff Pastry (Safeway is where I usually pick up if I plan on making them).
Every Thanksgiving I make these so everyone can snack while they watch football and spend time together. It helps keep tummies at bay until the Thanksgiving Turkey and Ham are done cooking in the oven.
Easy Sausage Rolls Recipe
These sausage rolls are simple to make with 2 ingredients and a few minutes of prep. Before you get started, pull your Puff Pastry out of the freezer. Open the box and remove the sheets (there are 2 and each is wrapped in heavier white paper). Allow the sheets to sit for 30-45 minutes until the sheets are thawed.
While they are thawing, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Then, open up your Puff Pastry sheets – there will be three sections per sheet. Take a knife and slice down each fold (2 slices per sheet).
Put a line of pork sausage off-center down the middle of each column (3 per sheet). If you make both sheets, you will have 6 sections of pork. Fold over the pastry and use a little water (and a knife helps too) to push down the edges.
By this time you should have 6 long rolls of sausage wrapped in pastry. Cut each roll into six even pieces and place them on a lined cookie sheet. Bake for 13-15 minutes until light brown and puffy.
They are Best Fresh from the Oven
Once you remove from the oven, let them cool slightly before enjoying. While they are best fresh from the oven, leftovers can be kept refrigerated in a sealed container and heated up for a few seconds in the microwave.
- 1 package of Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry, thawed
- 1 Roll of Pork Sausage
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Let the Puff Pastry sit out on the counter until it's thawed
- Once it thaws, unbox it, and you'll find (2) Sheets, each with 3 sections
- Take a knife and slice down the fold (each third)
- Then, put a line of Pork Sausage off-center down each of the sheets (if you make BOTH sheets you will have 6 sections of lines)
- Fold OVER the Pastry, and use a little water to push down the edges, a knife is what might come in handy here for you too
- Now, you have 6 long rolls of sausage wrapped in pastry
- Cut each roll into 6, and place on a foil-lined cookie sheet
- Bake for 13-15 minutes until light brown.
- Take out and cool before eating
- They are still great the day after - just heat up in the microwave. Of course they will taste slightly better RIGHT out of the oven.
Looking for more appetizers? Here are a few you might want to try!