Hearty and filling, this Slow Cooker Taco Soup is a delicious and easy meal that comes together quickly with minimal work – great for a busy night!
Having a good, reliable, and delicious (that’s important!) slow cooker recipe is SO important – especially when you have kids and you have busy, busy days!
There is nothing better than throwing a bunch of ingredients in a pot, and turning it on… then enjoying the smell of really good food cooking all day while you handle your business.
One of my favorite things to make in my crockpot/slow cooker is soup. If I can, I always try to double the recipe and jar up the “doubled” amount. Then I have soup for later on… when the kids get hungry. Sometimes I’ll put the “doubled” amount in a ziplock and lay it flat in the freezer to have it on hand as part of a 2-week dinner rotation.
This Slow Cooker Taco Soup is one of my kiddos favorite dinners – paired with a loaf of French bread, it makes a really hectic day SO much easier when dinner is already made and only requires ladling into bowls.
Slow Cooker Taco Soup
This soup comes together with simple ingredients:
- chicken stock
- diced tomatoes (pick up one large can or ‘2’ 14 oz cans)
- a pound of ground beef
- a pound of chicken breast (can also use precooked chicken breast that has already been shredded)
- spices – salt, pepper, garlic and onion, etc
Once done, top with your choice of toppings – everything from sour cream to avocados, shredded cheese and lime juice. You really can’t ever have too many toppings, the more the merrier – right?
OTHER CASSEROLE AND SLOW COOKER RECIPES:
- King Ranch Chicken Casserole (+ Video)
- Arnie Mac Cheesy Pasta
- Jalapeño Cheddar Cornbread Casserole
- Cheeseburger Casserole
- Slow Cooker Ravioli Lasagna
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Tater Tot Casserole
Did you make this recipe?
If you did, please take a second to rate the recipe and leave a comment to let me know how it turned out!
Slow Cooker Taco Soup
- Slow Cooker
- 8 C chicken stock
- 28 oz diced tomato (2) 14 oz cans, drained
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 head cabbage
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper, or to taste
- 1 tsp salt, or to taste
- avocado sliced
- limes quartered
- cilantro chopped
- sour cream
- shredded cheese
- Begin by seasoning the ground beef with half of the salt and pepper, and then shaping it into meatballs that are approximately 1 tbsp in size.
- Next, cut the cabbage in half and then slice it into small strips.
- In your slow cooker, combine the chicken breast, meatballs, diced tomatoes, cabbage, all the seasoning, and the stock.
- Set the slow cooker to cook for 7-8 hours on low or 4-5 hours on high.
- Once the cooking time is complete, ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with sliced avocado, lime juice, cilantro, sour cream, and shredded cheese.