Summertime means BBQ’s and Pool Parties…..It also means having the kids home and needing to keep them busy.
My daughter and I decided to go to the Dollar Tree to scope out what craft we could make on a budget. The Dollar Tree has so many great things for the summer season that you can easily find what you need to spend the afternoon crafting.
We decided to make a Summertime Wreath since we are going to have a BBQ in a couple weeks. The PLUS side? Our Margaritas LIGHT UP on the Wreath – pretty cool stuff!
Here are the Supplies you’ll need
From the Dollar Tree, each item was $1.00:
- 1 Foam Wreath
- 2 Margarita, Light up Necklaces
- 1 Silk Flower Stem
- 1 Child size Green Hula Skirt
- 1 Wooden Sign
We spent a total of $6 – I have a glue gun, if you don’t have one the mini’s are under $3 at your local WalMart.
- Take the skirt and wrap around the foam wreath however you want. We decided we wanted strands to flow.
- Hot glue the back or use tacks to secure in place.
- Remove the Margarita Glasses from the necklace and glue on next (the plus to this is now my daughter has two more bead necklaces ha!)
- Add flowers and wooden plaque/sign
Voila! You are done!
Every Dollar Tree has different goodies. You can also choose to make a Patriotic Wreath for the 4th of July of a Back to School one to gift a new teacher. There are SO many possibilities.