Any time you can score a deal on Broccoli it makes a really easy and cheap dinner option. This one is simple because aside from the broccoli, everything else is really just pantry staples.
Plus, it makes enough to feed a family with 1-2 servings left for lunch the next day. Pair with a salad, or a sandwich, and you can really put dinner on the table in 15 minutes or less.
That’s just an incredible thing!
We scored Broccoli in our CSA so we used our Instant Pot to help us put together this soup in just a few minutes. Minutes – crazy right?!
We eat lots of soup in our house because they are an easy way to use up produce, the kids love soup and it’s an easy way to pack leftovers for work the next day.
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 head of Broccoli
- 2-3 Carrots, diced
- 1/2 Onion, diced
- 1-2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 4-6 C. Chicken Broth
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- Green Onions & Shredded Cheese for Garnish
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- In the Instant Pot, saute the Onion and Garlic in the Coconut Oil for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off the Instant Pot.
- Throw in Carrots, Broccoli and 1 C. Chicken Broth and push SOUP for 5 minutes.
- Add lid and wait.
- After 5 minutes, quick release - add the rest of the chicken broth.
- Pour into your blender and blend on low until well mixed.
- Pour back into Instant Pot, add Cream Cheese and salt/pepper to taste.
- After cream cheese is dispersed and melted down, stir well and ladle into bowls.
- Top with Green Onions and Cheese - additional salt/pepper based on taste.
If you don’t have an Instant Pot, we use the 7-in-1 that you can pick up HERE on Amazon.