She can also eat it right out of the jar….. needless to say, that jar can last a max of 2 days if I’m not monitoring her – which means trying to find a creative spot in the refrigerator to put that jar.
Thankfully the Bulk Bins at WinCo have Hazelnuts.. and I always have a stockpile of Chocolate Chips – which I find to be the best price at Costco in Bulk…. honey and Dry Powdered Milk.
Throw in some milk and you can make your OWN Nutella without all the extra additives that they put in the name brand jar.
- 1 1/2 cup raw Hazelnuts
- 1 1/2 cup Milk
- 3/4 cup Powdered Milk
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Milk Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Spread hazelnuts onto cookie sheet and bake 10 minutes.
- Put nuts in dishtowel and rub to remove skins.
- Place nuts in food processor and run until they turn to paste.
- Combine the milk, powdered milk and honey in a pan.
- Heat over medium until it begins to boil stirring frequently.
- Remove from the heat.
- Melt chocolate chips by microwaving for 30 seconds then stirring and repeating until smoth and melted.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the ground hazelnuts and continue grinding until blended (scrape down sides periodically).
- Add the milk mixture and continue processing until smooth.