We had a ton of tiny little potatoes in our CSA bag this past week ~ and with Resurrection Sunday, we were looking for a way to use them, and make something fabulous for everyone in the family… and these Smoky Little Devils were PERFECT for that.
These were a HIT :)
The best part about them is that they are relatively inexpensive to make and very filling ~ they travel well and with the Instant Pot they are a breeze to make! Potatoes only take minutes in the Instant Pot, giving you enough time to whip together the hummus as they cook.
You can use Red Potatoes too – the smaller the better! Our potatoes were SMALL and so they were perfect to put this together.
- 1 can of 15 oz No Salt Chickpeas (Drained & Rinsed)
- 2 large Cloves Garlic
- 2 Tbsp fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Spicy Brown Mustard
- Ground Pepper, Salt (to taste)
- 5 Green Onions
- Additional 1 1/2 - 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice (to taste)
- Ground Turmeric
- 8 small, Potatoes
- Smoked Paprika (for garnish)
- In the Instant Pot, place the trivet with 1 c. water.
- Place the potatoes on the trivet and push manual for 8 minutes.
- While they are cooking, in the blender, add the Chickpeas, Garlic, & Lemon Juice.
- Add black pepper, additional Lemon Juice, and Turmeric to taste - set aside.
- Remove the potatoes from the Instant Pot after releasing the steam.
- Cut the potatoes into halves, and use a melon baller to scoop out a hole in the center.
- Fill that hole with the Hummus, and garnish with Smoked Paprika and Green Onions.