These snowman hot chocolate treat favor bags are not only easy to put together, they are a fun little gift for kids at the holiday season. They combine all of the perfect ingredients to make a wonderful mug of hot chocolate – miniature marshmallows, milk chocolate chips, hot cocoa mix and chocolate chips, in a well-decorated cone-shaped favor bag.
Instead of purchasing hot cocoa mix, save money by making your own mix – not only is it easier to make in bulk, it tastes much better than store varieties. Whole milk makes it unbelievably creamy, and the addition of vanilla powder makes it 1,000 times better than anything you will ever find in store.
When making your own, look for whole milk powder – it’s a little more expensive than non-fat milk powder but yields better results – ie. creamier hot chocolate. I find that freezing the white chocolate chips beforehand helps when you process in the food processor or high quality blender.
The final hot chocolate can be added to milk, or your favorite non-dairy, or even water.
Once you have your homemade hot cocoa mix, assemble the bags.
Crush your candy canes first, and add to the tip of the cone-shaped treat bag, followed by chocolate chips. Then add a serving or two (1/3 – 1/2 C.) of hot cocoa into a ziploc bag, and cut the zipper off the top of the bag using a regular scissors.
Fold the top of the ziploc bag to keep the chocolate within, then tuck into the cone-shaped bag following the chocolate chips. Add a handful of marshmallows, and twist tie the cone-shaped bag closed.
Using your hot glue gun, glue the eyes, red pom pom (nose), and white pom pom (hat) on the bag
Snowman Hot Chocolate Favor Bags
- cone-shaped treat bags
- ziploc bags
- candy canes, crushed
- miniature marshmallows
- milk chocolate chips
- homemade hot cocoa mix, recipe above
- pom-poms (red & white)
- hot glue gun + glue sticks
- candy eyes or wiggly eyes
- Crush your candy canes, and add a small amount to the cone-shaped treat bag, followed by a small amount of chocolate chips.
- Cut the top off of a ziploc bag and add in 1/3 – 1/2 C. of homemade hot cocoa mix. Carefully twist the bag and place in the cone-shaped treat bag after the chocolate chips, being careful not to let the homemade cocoa mix slip out.
- Add a handful of marshmallows to each bag, and twist tie shut.
- Using your hot glue gun, carefully glue the white pom pom (Santa hat), then red pom pom (Santa nose), and wiggly eyes on Santa.
If you are looking for more treat bags to gift this holiday, find additional ideas below: