Put a twist on Pumpkin Bread & make some Pumpkin Cranberry Bread – we have such a great sale on Canned Pumpkin at Fry’s through 1/6, and Cranberries are on sale at Sprouts this week for $.99 per Bag.
Combined with a stock of Sugar, Flour & Eggs this week, you can crank out 5 loaves (1 large, 4 smaller) in just under 1 hour. I prefer making the smaller loaves when I’m short on time – I mixed them up at 10 and they were ALL done and cooled from the oven by 11 a.m. so we could celebrate my son’s birthday.
- 3 C. Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 1 C. Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 C. Water or Orange Juice
- 1 Can 15 oz Pumpkin
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 3 C. Flour
- 1 C. Cranberries (I used fresh)
- Mix the wet ingredients until well blended.
- Fold in flour.
- Mix in the Baking Soda.
- Fold in the cranberries.
- Pour into greased loaf pans, bake at 350.
- Small loaf pans bake within 30 minutes.. larger can take up to 45 minutes.
- Cook until a knife inserted in center comes out clean - this recipe makes 2 large loaves or 1 large & up to 4 smaller size