Deliciously soft, fluffy breadsticks that require just a few simple ingredients and are ready in less than 30 minutes, perfect as a side to pasta!
Who doesn’t love Olive Garden breadsticks? Everyone I know is infatuated with their salad and breadsticks at the restaurant. I’ve even known some people to love their breadsticks so much they go there just for that.
I’ll admit, I love bread too… sometimes a little too much!
These quick and easy soft breadsticks are so easy to make at home. In less than 30 minutes, you can whip together a few simple ingredients to make something that the kids will love.
- Dip in your spaghetti…
- Serve up next to your fettuccini alfredo…
- Or simply add as a side to a nice, warm bowl of soup.
Or if you are my kids, just stuff them in your mouth for absolutely no reason at all except that you love breadsticks. The struggle is real sometimes, y’all.
Quick and Easy Soft Breadsticks
This simple recipe for delicious breadsticks can make as many as 18 breadsticks. If you prefer larger breadsticks, then simply avoid cutting the dough in half and twist them as they are (long). Brush them in butter and sprinkle your favorite seasonings on them before you throw them in the oven to bake for 10-12 minutes.
I wish I could convey just how easy these are. They are so stinkin’ perfect for a busy night! The result is light, fluffy, soft breadsticks. Perfect to dip in marinara sauce and eat on their own – or with a bowl of spaghetti/pasta.
Quick & Soft Breadsticks
- 1 C warm water 105-115 degrees F
- 3 tsp yeast we use Red Star
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 3 C all purpose flour
- 1/4 C butter melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In the KitchenAid, add the water and then yeast. Let it sit and "proof" about 5-8 minutes.. you should see it foam up on the top if you have the yeast at the right temperature.
- Add the brown sugar, salt, oil, and flour - and mix well with the hook attachment, 3-4 minutes.
- Once mixed it should become very elastic - turn off the mixer.
- Prepare 2 baking sheets - lay your silicone mat on each and lightly dust with flour - set aside.
- Lightly oil your hands with olive oil, and pull the dough from the mixing bowl. Form into a ball and knead lightly for 1-2 minutes on a lightly floured surface.
- Lay the ball of dough on the bigger cookie sheet and roll into a 10x12 rectangle.
- Cut into strips with a pizza cutter, and give each a twist.
- Using a pastry brush, lightly brush each stick with melted butter and add any additional seasonings before they bake.
- Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes or until light brown.
- Store in a covered container - though they usually don't make it that far.
These are so extremely easy & foolproof. You can add any herbs of your choice, or garlic salt as needed. The longer you let them sit the more they rise – but if you are short on time they’ll still turn out terrific, too!
If not, and you try this recipe and love it, make sure to rate the recipe and tag us on Facebook to let us know how they turned out!