These delicious ham and cheese pockets are simple to make and the perfect way to use up leftover ham. Enjoy for breakfast or for lunch!
Crescent rolls are a reliable go-to – not just for these ham and cheese pockets but for SO many other things. After all, who doesn’t love a buttery crescent roll fresh from the oven?!
I think we all do!
Next time you find crescent rolls on sale or, if you are looking for a yummy breakfast or snack recipe try these ham and cheese pockets. They’re simple to put together and can feed a crowd (8). Toss leftover ham with some eggs and scramble in a pan.
Divide the scrambled eggs and ham into your crescent dough and top with cheese before baking. These pockets make a wonderful switch on breakfast – especially if you’re looking for something portable. Or, serve for a snack if you have hungry kids who love to eat throughout the day.
Ham and Cheese Pockets
These ham and cheese pockets are SO easy to make (and delicious, too!) Grab a pan and heat to medium with a little cooking spray or olive oil. Combine eggs, milk, ham, pepper and garlic powder.
Scramble those eggs until they are done. During that time, roll out the crescent rolls and combine the two triangles together to make a large rectangle. All in all, you should have 8 rectangles.
Spoon a little of the scrambled egg and ham mixture onto each rectangle.
Top with shredded cheese, then fold the dough over sealing the edges with water. Use the edge of a fork to push down, then brush egg wash over the top of each pocket.
Bake at 375 degrees F for 15 minutes or until golden brown. That’s it! You have a wonderful way to use up an abundance of eggs along with leftover ham!
Love this breakfast recipe? Try these!
Did you make this recipe? Please take a minute to rate the recipe and comment to let me know how it turned out!
Ham and Cheese Pockets
- 6 eggs divided
- 1/3 C milk
- 6 slices deli ham sliced
- 1.5 C cheddar cheese shredded
- 8 oz crescent rolls
- 1 Tbsp cold water
- garlic powder to taste
- ground pepper to taste
- Over medium heat in a sprayed saute pan combine 5 eggs, milk, ham, pepper, and garlic powder. Scramble and cook until eggs are done.
- On a baking sheet roll out the crescent rolls so that 2 triangles are together to make a rectangle, you will have 8 rectangles.
- Spoon scrambled egg/ham mixture onto each rectangle.
- Add shredded cheese and fold the crescent dough over sealing the edges using water and press down with the edge of a fork.
- In a small bowl whisk together 1 egg and 1 tbsp cold water.
- Brush egg wash over each pocket.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown.