Just this past week we scored some really nice tomatoes and portobello mushrooms in our CSA bag – and since we were in a hurry to go to a finance meeting last night we figured it would be a great way to make a quick dinner with pasta.
We used our Instant Pot for that, and we pick up Pasta every month at Costco (6 packs to a bulk package for just over $1 per bag). It’s easy, kids love it and it took less than 15 minutes to make. The pasta was just a mere 6 minutes in the Instant Pot. Crazy -right?
- 1 lb Penne Pasta (or, any other cut pasta)
- 4 Tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 Onion, thinly sliced
- 1/8 c. Olive Oil
- 1-2 drops Thyme Essential Oil (or, 2 fresh Thyme sprigs)
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 8 oz Portobello Mushrooms
- Trim the mushrooms and cut into slices - place with the garlic & onions in the Instant Pot and add Olive Oil.
- Add salt & pepper, and Thyme Essential Oil and saute for 2-3 minutes or until soft.
- Open the Instant Pot and pour in the Pasta.
- Top with diced Tomatoes.
- Add 5 C. Water (should be barely enough just to cover - even if it's a little shy it's fine).
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot and hit Manual (high pressure) for 6 minutes.
- Quick release, stir portobello & tomatoes into pasta, and add salt/pepper to taste, and fresh grated parmesan cheese.