Do you have a POGO Pass? We do a LOT of talking about the POGO Pass here on this site because we think they are one of the BEST deals not just for couples but ALSO for families.
Whether you have a BIG family or a small family they are a fun way to enjoy time with your kids or each other … for the entire year.
Summer Break is around the corner – pick up a POGO Pass and you will score FREE admission to 16 venues for a 12 month period for just $49.98!
While it’s initially an investment for most of us, there are MANY advantages to having a POGO Pass ~ we rounded up seven of our favorite reasons to pick one up.
1. They are valid for a FULL 12 month period –
Are you busy and have a committed job? NO worries, because you have a full year to use the POGO pass at ANY of the 16 venues.
Certainly you can find an afternoon to take the kids to Golfland Sunsplash in the summer… or a weekday to take the Kids to Makutu’s Island in Chandler. OR visit the Phoenix Zoo with the kids on a beautiful weekend!
2. The Savings are HUGE
This was one of the biggest reasons we got a POGO Pass for our family of 7… it’s so hard to do fun things with the family .. especially on a limited budget. If you plan on visiting the Zoo this year, admission is astronomical – you can pick up a POGO Pass and score 2 visits FREE to the Phoenix Zoo (+ 16 ADDITIONAL venues) … that is a GREAT way to save if you have kids!
3. There is Something for EVERYONE
Seriously – there is. If you like Sports Games, you can attend FREE with your POGO Pass. Do you have small children? Then the POGO Pass works great to take them to Makutu’s Island or even Enchanted Island. Have teenagers? The Phoenix Zoo and Golfland Sunsplash are incredible places for the ENTIRE family, big or small!
4. Time with your Kids
I’m a huge advocate of kids being outside and active – which is why we got ours, too! The POGO Pass keeps them engaged – off screens, and doing something with their body.
Even more importantly it gives them time with you – if you do Sports Night with the Kids at the DBacks games, teaching your kids sportsmanship, a day at the waterpark (which is normally $30 per person!)
5. Incentive to do Date Night
Think you have to have kids to enjoy a POGO Pass? You are so wrong! The POGO Pass is great for couples too – it gives you a TON of activities to do together over a 12 month period – just supplement with a deal on LivingSocial or Groupon for a breakfast, or light lunch (or, early dinner!) and it’s a really inexpensive way to spend time together all year!
Enjoy Rock Climbing, Laser Tag, or even a date to the Phoenix Zoo.
6. Gives you SOMETHING To do on Scheduled Breaks
Summer Break, Spring Break, and even Winter Break – occupy those days with a POGO Pass… and keep the kids entertained. Of course, you can’t go somewhere every day, but break up the monotony during the week by taking them to the Phoenix Zoo, Laser Tag, or Makutu’s Island.
7. More than ONE Admission to Popular Venues
One of the BEST reasons to pick up a POGO Pass is that it will give you the opportunity to visit some of the most popular venues more than once…. and with some of them, you get a visit per WEEK!
If you are a couple, Paintball would make a great date night idea and you van visit 1 time each month!
- FatCats – 1 game of bowling per month + 1 Glow Golf per week
- Urban Jungle – 1 visit per year
- Wazees World Laser Zone – 2 visits per year
- Ice Den – 1 visit per month
- AZ Air Time – 2 visits per year
- DBacks Games ~ 2 games per year
- Phoenix Mercury ~ 3 games per year
- Arizona Rattlers ~ 3 games per year
- Enchanted Island Amusement Park ~ 4 visits per year
- Golfland Sunsplash ~ 1 waterpark admission
- Stratum Laser Tag ~ 2 visits per year
- Phoenix Rock Gym ~ 2 visits per year
- Phoenix Zoo ~ 2 visits per year
- USA’s Skateland ~ 2 visits per month
- i.d.e.a. Museum ~ 2 visits per year
- Tempe Paintball AND AirSoft~ 1 visit per month
- Makutu’s Island ~ 2 visits per year
- ASU ~ FREE Admission to ALL of the ASU Athletic Home Games (Soccer, Wrestling, Volleyball, Gymnastics, Baseball, Track and Field, Basketball & more)
Some things to Remember ABOUT the pass ~
- Each family member needs one. It’s not required that a 2 year old have one, because they are usually free at most places, but not all.
- The pass is valid for Kids and Adults alike – and considering that admission to the Zoo is over $20 for Adults, this POGO pass will pay for itself after just a few uses.
- The pass includes a visit to Golfland Sunsplash – a $30 value. That includes the Waterpark area of the park – so if you plan on going there this year, this is a no-brainer!
- The venues can change at any time.
- The promo price can change at any time.
- Some venues have restrictions on the days (Makutu’s Island is only on weekdays) so watch that carefully!
- The pass is valid for ONE year after purchase