This year we are making most of our Christmas gifts for teachers, friends & more. We always do beauty baskets with coupon items… but we thought it would be FUN to do some items that we could make ourselves.
There really isn’t anything better than a homemade gift (right?) and over the last few weeks, we got a GREAT deal on these little Jelly Jars at Fry’s – a 12 pk for $5.81. We got SEVERAL flats…
We thought that everyone would love some Sugar Scrubs – now that winter is approaching it means cooler weather, and dry hands that deserve some attention.
Sugar Scrubs are SO easy to make ~ and SO cost effective!
What you Need
For 2 Jelly Jars, I was able to use:
- 2 C. White Sugar (2 lbs of Zulka Organic Sugar is $.79 at the $.99 store)
- 1/2 C. Coconut Oil or Almond Oil
- 12 – 15 drops Essential Oil (see what we prefer HERE)
How to Put them Together
- Simply mix up all the ingredients – we use a metal bowl (as we try to avoid using plastics with Essential Oils). You can add food coloring if you wish, we opted not to.
- Spoon into jars and decorate with Mason Jar Chalkboard Cap Labels, or tags around the jars.
- Experiment with your scents – we LOVE Lavender so that was our first choice.