Over the last few weeks we picked up quite a few FREE cans of Herdez Salsa after coupons – if you have this sitting in your cabinet pull it out. I was thinking of a great way to put it to use this weekend, and something that I could incorporate my crock pot into….. I think I found the perfect recipe.
We always seem to have a can or two of beans in the cabinet, and this week, Sour Cream is on sale at Fry’s (the store brand) for $1.00 – what better way to combine forces and make something easy.
You won’t need a ton of time to make this – and it’s so easy even your older children could put it together.
- 3/4 C. Sour Cream
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese
- 1 15 oz. Can of Refried Beans
- 8 oz. Salsa (Small cans or use Jar variety)
- 2 C. Freshly Grated Cheese (Monterey Jack or Cheddar)
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- Chili Powder, Salt to taste
- Add all items to the crock pot.
- Turn the crock pot on high for just 1 hour
- After 1 hour, turn it on low heat
- All items should blend nicely - add salt and/or chili powder to taste
- You can adapt this as needed based on your preference; I made the first batch with medium salsa; the second batch I made with hot salsa and threw in green chiles.
Please see my disclosure policy.
- Peanut Butter $.99 at Fry’s + 20 Peanut Butter Recipes
- National Pie Day | 14 Pie Recipes from Chocolate to Peanut Butter, Banana & More
- 28 Easy Crock Pot Chicken Recipes
- 12 Bacon Recipes for Appetizers, Dips & Breads