There was a point in time many many months ago that we were able to score Carmex for FREE at Fry’s – with the end of double coupons, free Carmex went to Carmex you had to pay for.
Fortunately, Lip Chap is REALLY easy to make yourself – it’s very cost effective, and it makes GREAT gift ideas for family and friends – for stockings, baby showers, parties & more.
It would also be a nice New Mom gift along with some homemade lotion.
Thankfully the ingredients used to make Lip Chap are ALSO the same ingredients you can use to make MANY other items ~ including lotion. So if you love making your own beauty products, it might be a great opportunity to give this a try.
You can use inexpensive tins or even tubes – play with the flavors, and make your own labels.
We picked up everything to make the Lip Chap on Amazon ~
- Beeswax (need 2 Tbsp)
- Shea Butter (need 2 Tbsp)
- Coconut Oil (need 2 Tbsp)
- Lip Chap Tubes (it makes 15)
- Essential Oils (see our last post)
- 2 Tbsp. Beeswax
- 2 Tbsp. Shea Butter
- 2 Tbsp. Coconut Oil
- 20 Drops of Essential Oil
- In a small pan, put 1-2 inches of water and turn on Medium
- Put the Beeswax, Shea Butter & Coconut Oil in a small jar
- Put a small jar in the water (don't get the contents inside wet!)
- Allow the boiling water to melt the contents - just until melted
- Take off the heat when it is all melted - stir well, and add in the Essential Oils
- Pour the liquid into the tubes (quickly) - or, use a glass dropper
- Once the containers cool, you will need to top them off with a little more
- Let sit until they harden
- Store in a cool place
- Should you wish to use 2 Essential Oil varieties (I used Peppermint and Rosemary), you can do 8 drops of Rosemary & 15 Drops of Peppermint.
We’d love to hear how it works for you if you should try it – make sure you let us know what Oils you use!