This is such a terrific and easy cake ~ my smallest son fell asleep at 3 p.m. yesterday, which would normally be ok… but that meant that he got up at 11:30 last night FULLY rested. Gotta love those nights! :)
And because Dad works outside of the home, that means Mom has to get up and keep that little guy company ~ needless to say that means that Mom stayed up until 3:30 this morning keeping him company which led me into the kitchen to make food.
I always have a few boxes of yellow cake mix — who doesn’t? It’s such an easy way to make things in a pinch. Instead of using Nutmeg, I used Nutmeg Essential Oil — if you aren’t too familiar with Essential Oils, Young Living is amazing, and such a great way to incorporate into some yummy food!
- 1 box Yellow Cake Mix
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cCups sugar
- 1/2 Cup Oil
- 1 Cup Pumpkin
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg (or 3 - 4 drops of Nutmeg Essential Oil)
- Throw everything into the Kitchen Aid in no particular order ~ mix until blended.
- Once it's blended (3-4 minutes), pour into Bundt Pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake for 45 minutes, at 350.
- Remove from oven, let cool on the counter completely before flipping upside down to take out the cake.
Less than 24 hours later, the cake is all gone — Dad brought home whip cream, and … well, the rest was history!