If you’re looking for a really EASY and low cost dinner idea, this is a great one. It’s one of our favorites here – not to mention its FAST, and even the kids love it.
My kids are not fans of cabbage, but somehow (oddly) they WILL eat this – and when I make it, there is usually only enough left to send with Dave the next day for lunch at work. So – we put it on our “keep” list and I have made a pledge to always have the ingredients on hand just in case I’m in a rut and need a go-to idea.
I had intended for a picture to show you how it was after it cooked, but Dave had plans otherwise- he started digging in before I could grab pictures and – well, then everyone dug in and before you know it, the entire pot was gone.
- 1 - 1/2 lbs of Ground Beef
- 1 Medium Onion, Diced
- 1 Small Head of Cabbage, Chopped
- 2 Cans Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Can 8 oz. Campbell's Tomato Soup (or regular Tomato Sauce)
- Salt, Pepper & Garlic to Taste
- 1/2 C. Water
- Brown the Ground Beef & Onion, Drain, then Rinse
- In a Large Dutch Oven, combine the Ground Beef, Onion, Tomatoes, Sauce, Cabbage, Water, Garlic & Pepper.
- Bring to a Boil and then turn down on low/medium and simmer 20-25 minutes (Lid on!)
- Best served over rice, with cornbread or french bread, and an side of vegetables. For variety, you can replace the Diced Tomatoes and use Diced Tomatoes with Green Chiles.