But these are indeed a little different.
Sometimes some of the best recipes from from absolutely nowhere, which is indeed the case here.
We make kefir daily – but when we are out of town, we throw in the fridge so as to slow it down. However… when one of us is out of town for a week and the other is back here with the kids, I can’t do that because I still drink kefir daily.
So while I can refrigerate some of it to prevent myself from having “too much”, I do usually end up with way too much kefir. Kefir can be used to make Sourdough Bread as well as this Sourdough French Bread – but we just can’t eat that much bread.
There is only so much sourdough that one can eat before they fear turning into sourdough themselves. Yikes.
So the case with these grain free kefir brownies – I love brownies. My kids love brownies. But most brownie recipes are loaded with sugar. Knowing my kids, they can’t just eat 1 or 2 brownies, they can devour the pan.
So I incorporated our leftover kefir with coconut flour, eggs, and chocolate chips to make these grain free kefir brownies that are incredibly moist and delicious. Kefir is loaded with beneficial bacteria and is great for anyone who is trying to keep their gut healthy.
However, cooking the kefir in these brownies will kill the beneficial bacteria – though in the end, they are still a great alternative to the typical white flour, sugar-laden brownies you typically find on the internet.
Related post: How to Make Kefir
- Not overly sweet
- Very cake-like
- Delicious with a glass of raw milk
Grain Free Kefir Brownies
- 2 C. homemade kefir
- 1 C. organic coconut flour
- 4 pastured eggs
- 1 C. organic cacao powder
- 1 C. chocolate chips or make your own
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 droppers plain stevia
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Generously grease a 9x9 glass baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine everything with the exception of the chocolate chips.
- Mix well, then fold in the chocolate chips just until blended.
- Spread in a 9x9 baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes until the top is cracked - your brownies are done when there is a little jiggle in the top of the pan.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before slicing.
- Serve with a nice, tall glass of raw milk.
Recipe Source – Mutritious Nuffins