This dish is so quick to prepare, so quick to cook! And what’s even better, is that it’s a one-pot meal… use the leftover liquid for soup the next day.
It’s a great way to use up veggies from the Farmers Market (which is what we did) – we had lots of Zucchini and Cherry Tomatoes to use this weekend so we figured this was the best way.
Instead of picking up Mozzarella .. we had Queso Fresco, so we used some of that as a topping.
- 1 Medium White Onion, Chopped
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 3 Medium Zucchini, Chopped
- 1 lb Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 C. Tomato Puree or Water
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 Garlic Gloves - Minced
- Basil - optional
- Set Saute on the Instant Pot and add the Coconut Oil and Onions.
- Saute on Medium Heat until the Onions are well cooked
- Add the Zucchini, Cherry Tomatoes and Tomato Puree (or, Water).
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot, lock it and push Manual, and cook High for 5 minutes.
- When the time is up, quick release and mix in the Garlic.
- Strain out the Vegetables with a slotted spoon and serve with fresh cheese, Basil is optional (not recommended if you are expecting!)
- Save the cooking liquid and use as stock in your next soup recipe.
Over the last few weeks we have mentioned this AMAZING kitchen appliance – the Instant Pot… we actually got one a few weeks ago and LOVE it. we literally use it every night.